CATIA V5 Reverse Engineering and Inspection
Reverse engineering, also called back engineering, is the process by which a man-made object is deconstructed to reveal its designs, architecture, or to extract knowledge from the object; similar to scientific research, the only difference being that scientific research is about a natural phenomenon. Reverse engineering is applicable in the fields of mechanical engineering, electronic engineering, software engineering, chemical engineering, and systems biology. Reverse engineering is commonly used as a learning tool, as a way to make new comparable products that are cheaper than what is currently on the market, for making software operate more effectively or to bridge different operating systems or databases
This course is fully designed for the Egyptian market in reverse engineering and provides you with the skills and knowledge needed for your surface reconstruction projects, whether for analysis or manufacturing purposes. Hands-on sessions are included to ensure that training is adapted to your application and to rapidly identify participants’ strengths and areas needing improvement. Subjects covered include:
3D scanning on Creaform HANDYScan 700
o Introduction about the Creaform and HandyScan700.
o Calibrating the scanner to the surrounding environment.
o Configure the scanner sensors according to the part.
o Creating The Positioning Model
o How to place targets on the part and create the reference.
o How to perform a correct scanning session.
o Saving Acquired Data
o Saving different available data.
o Additional Functions
o VXelemt basic options
o How to merge different meshes together.
o Hands-on session on Costumers Parts
Reverse engineering using CATIA
This course will teach you how to use the Digitized Shape Editor (DSE) workbench to import and process the digitized data (scans or clouds of points), and how to use Quick Surface Reconstruction (QSR) workbench to create the surface from the digitized data. You will learn how to create a mesh and extract characteristic curves to create surfaces.
You will also learn how to use CATIA features in the Reverse Engineering phase to quickly create surfaces using a given point cloud data. The course also provides you with real time industrial examples for your practice.
- Import and process digitized point cloud data.
- Create tessellated mesh on the point cloud data.
- Extract characteristic curves from the data.
- Create scans from point cloud data.
- Create curves on mesh data.
- Create surfaces from curves.
- Create model and fillet model
- How to import, analyze, enhance meshes
- How to modify meshes by adding details or deforming shapes
- Create tessellated mesh on point cloud data
- Extract characteristic curves from the data
- Export the result in popular file formats
Fill the form below to be notified when the registration is open
- Phone Payment: 00201220253333
- Onsite: Makanak - Mohandeseen
- Online: Eventtus
- Facebook Event
- OR Call +201023338911
- Attending the course
- Course Material
- Coffee breaks with refreshments and snacks
- Certificate of attendance by Academy Of Knowledge and Promech
- Exam fees for the Dasault Systems Certification