Episode #1: New members
第一期:新队友
第一期:新队友
林致 : 公司给我们准备的宿舍——
Lin Zhi: Here is the legendary "xiaobailou*"——
*lit. "little white house"
传说中的“小白楼”, 就在这里,
the dormitory prepared for us by the company,
只有即将出道的练习生才有资格入住.
Only trainees who are about to debut are eligible for admission
我今天也是第一次过来, 没想到别墅区有点大,
I came here for the first time today. I didn't expect that the villa area to be this big,
子尧, 我们按孟姐给的地址找找吧?
Ziyao, let's look for the address given by Meng-jie*?
*姐 meaning older sister (not necessarily blood-related)
顾子尧 : 好.
Gu Ziyao: Sure
林致 : 你觉得这小区怎么样?
Lin Zhi: What do you think of this community?
顾子尧 : 挺好.
Gu Ziyao: It's very good
林致 : 嗯, 我也很喜欢,
Lin Zhi: En*, I like it very much, too,
*yes
环境好, 视野也不错.
Good environment, eye appealing.
顾子尧 : 嗯.
Gu Ziyao: En.
林致 : 嗯……你早餐吃了吗?
Lin Zhi: En….. Did you have breakfast?
顾子尧 : 喝了杯手冲.
Gu Ziyao: Drank a cup of Shou Chong.*
*Hand brewed coffee
林致 : 我也喜欢, 美式也不错, 还可以去水肿.
Lin Zhi: I like it too, American style is also good, it can help with edema.***
*Edema is the medical term for swelling. Body parts swell from injury or inflammation. It can affect a small area or the entire body. Medications, pregnancy, infections, and many other medical problems can cause edema. Edema happens when your small blood vessels leak fluid into nearby tissues. Source.
顾子尧 : 嗯.
Gu Ziyao: En.
林致 : 对了, 你知道另外两位队友的情况吗?
Lin Zhi: By the way, do you know about the other two members?
顾子尧 : 听孟姐说过.
Gu Ziyao: I heard from Meng-jie.
夏予扬 : 你有没有觉得这两个人怪怪的?
Xia Yuyang: Do you think these two people are strange?
乔殊 : 哪里有人啊?
Qiao Shu: Where?
夏予扬 : 后面啊! 我们后面带着鸭舌帽和口罩的那两个人!
Xia Yuyang: At the back! The two people with caps and masks at the back!
感觉他们好像在找什么……
It feels like they're looking for something…..
刚才我路过的时候, 我听了一耳朵,
When I was passing by just now, I heard it,
他们好像在说什么别墅地址、练习生……
They seem to be talking about villa address, trainees…...
不会是……
It can’t be.....
乔殊 : 哈——
Qiao Shu: Yawns——
夏予扬 : 啧, 哥, 醒醒啊! 晨跑你也能睡?
Xia Yuyang: Tsk, Ge*, wake up! Can you sleep while running in the morning?
*哥 meaning older brother (not necessarily blood-related)
哎, 你这待机持久真是绝了……
Ai, your long sleeping time amazing…..
小心回头孟姐又说你不注重形象管理!
Careful, Meng-jie said you shouldn't pay attention to paparazzi!
乔殊 : 怎么会说我呢, 你又戴着绿色帽子,
Qiao Shu: How can you say that? You're wearing a green hat,*
*In China “wearing a green hat” (戴绿帽子 or dài lǜ mào zǐ) is an expression that Chinese use when a woman cheats on her husband or boyfriend because the phrase sounds similar to the word for cuckold. This apparently dates back to the Yuan dynasty when the relatives of prostitutes were forced to wear green hats. Source.
; yangyang said dont pay attention to them but hes still sneaking a peak and making a fuss anyway lol. also if you look at the manhua he's actually wearing a green hat too HAHAHHA
要说也先说你.
If you want to talk about it, let’s talk about you first.
夏予扬 : 凭什么说我, 我喜欢绿色不行吗?
Xia Yuyang: Why are you saying that I can't like green?
多健康环保, 给粉丝传达正确积极的思想……
Being more healthy and environmentally friendly, to convey correct and positive thoughts to fans….
哎! 小乔哥, 你注意到了吗——
Ai! Xiao Qiao-ge, have you noticed——
他们一直跟在我们后面, 也往小白楼走.
They followed us all the way to xiaobailou.
乔殊 : 有吗?
Qiao Shu: Really?
夏予扬 : 别看别看! 别引起他们警觉!
Xia Yuyang: Don't look! Don't look! Don't alert them!
我问你也是白问, 你这种2g延迟网络少年的敏感程度,
I'm asking you for nothing, how sensitive is your 2G delay, internet teenager?
*2G data is very slow, meaning he's calling Qiao Shu slow lmaoo.
上次被摸钱包都没有感觉, 还能指望你发现被人尾随?
I didn’t feel anything last time when someone touched my wallet, how do you expect me to sense that we’re being followed?
乔殊 : 问题是, 大家被偷钱包都没有感觉吧.
Qiao Shu: The problem is, everyone doesn't feel that their wallets have been stolen.
夏予扬 : 不管这个了, 我现在严重怀疑他们就是在尾随我们!
Xia Yuyang: Regardless, I now seriously suspect that they are following us!
那么大的别墅区, 他们怎么就偏偏跟我们走一路?
It's such a big villa area, why did they follow us?
而且正常人谁捂那么严实?
Do normal people cover up so much?
乔殊 : 你啊.
Qiao Shu: You.
夏予扬 : 我——我怎么了?
Xia Yuyang: Me—— what's wrong with me?
乔殊 : 你是薛定谔的人, 有时候很狗.
Qiao Shu: You're a Schrodinger. sometimes you're a dog.
夏予扬 : 那你就是薛定谔的猫, 整天半死不活!
Xia Yuyang: Then you are Schrodinger's cat*, half dead all day!
*In quantum mechanics, Schrödinger's cat is a thought experiment that illustrates a paradox of quantum superposition. In the thought experiment, a hypothetical cat may be considered simultaneously both alive and dead as a result of its fate being linked to a random subatomic event that may or may not occur. Source.
; he means he's half-awake all day LOLOL
再说, 我们是即将出道的练习生, 那能一样吗?
Besides, we are the trainees who will debut soon, can it be the same?
你看, 还跟着我们呢, 不远不近,
You see, they're still following us, not far or near,
装作根本没注意到我们, 挺有经验啊……
Pretending not to notice us at all, they're quite experienced....
乔殊 : 可是尾随我们图什么呢?
Qiao Shu: But what picture's behind us?
夏予扬 : 不懂了吧, 虽然我们还没出道,
Xia Yuyang: I don't understand. although we haven't debuted yet,
但好歹也有那么一点点的粉丝基础, 对吧?
But at least there's a small fan base, right?
啊! 会不会是粉丝啊? 我居然有男粉丝吗?
Ah! Can it be fans? Do I have male fans?
没想到我的业务范围还挺宽广的嘿嘿嘿……
I didn't expect that my business scope was quite broad hehe.....
对了哥, 不会是私生饭吧? !
By the way Ge, aren't these sasaengs*?!
*sasaeng, or sasaeng fan, is an obsessive fan who stalks or engages in other behaviour constituting an invasion of the privacy of idols, drama actors or other public figures. Source.
乔殊 : 还可能是狗仔.
Qiao Shu: It could be paparazzi.
夏予扬 : 啊! 对对对! 你提醒我了!
Xia Yuyang: Ah! Yes yes yes! You reminded me!
真有可能是八卦狗仔!
It could be gossip paparazzi!
啧哎呀, 我们还没出道就被盯上了, 怎么办啊?
Tsk aiyah*, we've been targeted before we've made our debut. What should we do?
*expressing dismay, exasperation, or surprise.
太过分了, 我们只是晨跑而已, 这都要偷//拍?
It's too much, we're just running in the morning, do they have take photos?
那等我们红了, 岂不是要被蹲酒店、蹲片场,
When we become popular, won't they squat in our hotels and movie sets,
黄牛开车围追堵截,
Scalpers* will chase after us,
*scalpers are informal or illegal intermediaries, such as intermediaries who monopolize or sell goods outside of legal sales channels for profit. Source.
私生饭和狗仔队争先恐后地往小白楼扎堆.
Sasaengs and paparazzi will scramble to xiaobailou.
哎, 这么一想……
Ai, think about it this way….
这小区物业不会嫌烦把我们赶出去吧?
This neighborhood won't bother to drive us out, will it?
乔殊 : 你居然不是担心自己被骚扰、没有隐私吗?
Qiao Shu: Aren't you worried about being harassed and having no privacy?
夏予扬 : 红了再担心吧!
Xia Yuyang: Worry again when you are red!*
*Popular; When a hot (trending) search is at the top it'll have a red 沸 (boiling hot) beside it. Come and have a look here.
我在韩国做练习生时还希望有人拍我呢
When I was a trainee in Korea, I wanted to be photographed
今天要是被偷//拍了, 头条标题就是……
If they stole a shot today, the headline would be…...
震惊! 夏予扬清晨密会队友
Shocking! Xia Yuyang meets his members in secret in the morning.
兴致不高, 难道两人还未成团已感情生变? !
They’re not yet popular, but have the two people become emotionally involved before they formed the group?!
或者是——
Or——
娱乐圈惊人内幕大曝光!
The inside story of the entertainment industry is exposed!
夏予扬密会对象竟然是TA? !
The object of Xia Yuyang's secret meeting is TA?!
乔殊 : 你要是出不了道, 可以去水果小报应聘编辑.
Qiao Shu: If you don't make it, you can apply to be an editor in a fruit tabloid*.
*its a tabloid about fruits.
夏予扬 : 不好吗?
Xia Yuyang: Not good?
很标题党, 很适合上热搜啊!
It's a clickbait title, very suitable for hot search!
那就……
Then....
万万没想到!
Absolutely unexpected!
夏予扬终于在早十点前叫醒了队友乔殊!
Xia Yuyang finally woke up his teammate Qiao Shu before ten o'clock in the morning!
怎么样?
How about that?
乔殊 : ……震惊! 乔殊对夏予扬大打出手……
Qiao Shu: …..Shocking! Qiao Shu has a big fight with Xia Yuyang…...
夏予扬 : 哪有哥哥打弟弟的
Xia Yuyang: How can a gege beat his didi
你这怎么这样啊……别闹了啊
How can you do…….. stop it
我们还是想想怎么把他们赶走吧
Let's figure out how to get rid of them
快到小白楼了
We're almost at xiaobailou
乔殊 : 过去说——别跟着我们, 谢谢.
Qiao Shu: Go and say—— don't follow us, thank you.
夏予扬 : 嗯……好!
Xia Yuyang: En… Good!
林致 : 818号, 嗯……
Lin Zhi: No. 818, en....
是时候教育教育这些不懂事的人了!
It's time to educate these ignorant people!
应该就是前面那幢白色的. 走吧.
It should be the white one in front. Let's go
乔殊: 啊? 你来真的啊?
Qiao Shu: Ah? Are you serious?
好文明哦!
How civilized!
夏予扬 : 两位请留步!
Xia Yuyang: Please hold on!
顾子尧 : 好.
Gu Ziyao: Yes.
为什么狗仔也长得这么好看啊?
Why do paparazzi look so good?
乔殊 : 只看得到眼睛, 人均吴彦祖, 正常.
Qiao Shu: You can only see his eyes, all of his beauty is concentrated there. It's normal.
你不是要教育人家吗?
Don't you want to teach them a lesson?
夏予扬 : 先礼后兵懂不懂?
Xia Yuyang: We should negotiate with them politely first, then use stronger methods if it won't work, do you understand?
咱也是有排面的人
We are also people who have status
看我的
It's time to show it
乔殊 : 嗯, 行.
Qiao Shu: En, okay.
夏予扬 : 你们好!
Xia Yuyang: Hello!
请问你们是不是要去818号小白楼?
Are you going to No. 818 xiaobailou?
林致 : 是的, 请问818号怎么走?
Lin Zhi: Yes, how can I get to 818?
夏予扬 : 你们回去吧, 别干这行了……
Xia Yuyang: Go back, don't do this....
林致 : 呃……? 其实……
Lin Zhi: Er….? In fact…..
夏予扬 : 哎, 不要觉得你们说话客气就能被体谅
Xia Yuyang: Ai, don't think we'll be considerate if you're polite
虽然这是你们的工作
Although it's your job
但这样做是不对的!
But it's wrong to do so!
你们这样严重影响了我们的正常生活
You have seriously affected our normal life
请回去吧!
Please go back!
林致 : 呃, 是不是有什么误会?
Lin Zhi: Er, is there any misunderstanding?
顾子尧 : 我们不认识吧.
Gu Ziyao: We don't know each other.
林致 : 我们第一次来这边, 你是不是认错人了?
Lin Zhi: This is our first time here, did you recognize the wrong person?
夏予扬 : 被识破就来这一套吗?
Xia Yuyang: Is this how you should be acting when you’ve been seen through?
还一唱一和, 挺默契的!
It's a tacit agreement!
如果是粉丝的话
If you're a fan
很感谢你们的支持, 真的!
Thank you very much for your support, really!
但我希望你们听我的话
But I want you to listen to me
理智追星, 不要做这些过激的事情
Be sensible when supporting stars. Don't do these drastic things
我作为公众人物
I'm a public figure
虽然现在还没太大的影响力
Although it's not very influential yet
但我也有责任……
But I also have a responsibility....
顾子尧 : 抱歉打断一下, 你是?
Gu Ziyao: Sorry to interrupt, who are you?
乔殊 : 扬扬, 我突然觉得他们好像……
Qiao Shu: Yangyang, I suddenly feel like…...
夏予扬 : 没事
Xia Yuyang: it's OK
我跟他们说清楚就行了——
I'll just make it clear to them——
我就是夏予扬, 没错
I am Xia Yuyang, that's right
你们跟着我不就是想拍我吗?
Didn’t you follow me just to take pictures of me?
我们只是日常晨跑
We’re just running in the morning
马上就回小白楼了
I'll be back at xiaobailou soon
没什么好拍的
There's nothing to take a picture of
请你们回去吧
Please go back
顾子尧 : 你就是夏予扬啊?
Gu Ziyao: Are you Xia Yuyang?
夏予扬 : 对啊, 怎, 怎么?
Xia Yuyang: Yes, w- why?
我对你们很有礼貌哦
I'm very polite to you
你们可不要在微博上乱写……
Don't post nonsense about me on Weibo………
顾子尧 : 顾子尧, 猫耳娱乐出道组练习生.
Gu Ziyao: Gu Ziyao, a trainee of maoer entertainment group.
夏予扬 : 真、真的假的……
Xia Yuyang: Re- really……..
你是公司的练习生?
Are you a trainee in the company?
林致 : 可能刚才有什么误会, 不过现在清楚了,
Lin Zhi: Maybe there was some misunderstanding just now, but now it's clear,
二位应该就是夏予扬和乔殊吧?
They should be Xia Yuyang and Qiao Shu, right?
你们好, 我叫林致, 双木林, 别致的致,
Hello, my name is Lin Zhi, ‘lin’ of ‘shuang mu lin’, ‘zhi’ of ‘bie zhi’,
我和子尧就是你们的新队友.
Ziyao and I are your new members
夏予扬/乔殊 : 新队友? !
Xia Yuyang / Qiao Shu: New members?!
LASER : 猫耳FM出品, 大型偶像男团团综
LASER: MaoEr FM, male idol group
《LASER出道日》, 倒计时第9天!
The 9th day countdown of laser's debut!