The South Apartments are a set of three buildings, housing approximately 140 upper-class students in four-bedroom, co-ed apartment units. They are home to the Service, Social Justice, and Sustainability TLCs in buildings 78, 79, and 80 respectively.
South Apartments Facts
- Each building is three floors of residences
- Two bathrooms in each apartment
- Common area furnished with: dining table and chairs, couch and armchair, coffee table, end table, TV stand
- Standard apartment kitchen: refrigerator, stove/oven, microwave, kitchen sink, cupboards/drawers (cooking and dining supplies not included)
- Carpeted floor except for the kitchen area which is tiled
- Four single bedrooms per apartment
- Two shared bathrooms per apartment
- Community laundry facilities are located centrally in the complex in Building 79
- Wireless internet available throughout
- Located on the north end of campus
- Staffed by three resident advisors and a community director
South Apartments Bedroom Facts
- All single rooms
- Trash and recycling bins provided
- Air conditioned
- Typical bedroom furnishings: desk, desk chair, extra-long twin bed frame and mattress, dresser and closet.
including floor plans and images are available in this folder.
How to apply for South Apartments....
- Submit the Apartment Group Application along with your proposed roommates. Yes, it is a long and wordy but very important, please read it in full! Complete it neatly and carefully and by the deadline! There is a space on this application to indicate your interest in the Service, Social Justice, and Sustainability TLCs. Apartment Group Applications are prioritized by the size of the group (largest to smallest) then by combined earned credit hours (highest to lowest).
- Each group member must ALSO complete the Online Housing Application by the deadline.
Continuing Students: Both applications are due by 5:00pm on March 25th.
If you do not have a proposed group of roommates, there are still options. 1.) You may still submit a partial Apartment Group Application. 2.) Depending on the number of Apartment Group Applicants, there may be rooms in apartments available during Room Self-Selection. 3.) You may register for an apartment space on the waitlist, though you would need to secure housing elsewhere unless/until we are able to offer you an apartment room.
Submitting your application does NOT guarantee placement.
TRANSFER, VISITING, and READMITTED STUDENTS: You may be eligible to be housed here, placement will depend on vacancies since continuing students will be housed first. If you are interested in the East Apartments, submit your Online Housing Application by June 21st and indicate South Apartments as a hall preference. Your housing assignment will be determined based on your indicated preferences, you will NOT follow the process outlined above.