ADA Accommodations in Housing

Guilford College is committed to providing equal access to students with documented medical, psychological, and learning differences. Residential Education & Housing can provide accommodations for students with disabilities in a number of different ways including but not limited to:

  • Single room
  • First floor room
  • Room in close proximity to a bathroom
  • Room with a visual alarm
  • Wheelchair accessible room
  • Emotional support animal
  • Hall access for care providers
  • Off-campus release

If you require special housing accommodations based on medical, psychological, or learning differences, you will need to follow the request process outlined by the Accessibility Resource Center, which will require direct consultation with the ARC staff. Requests are reviewed by a qualified committee and approval is not guaranteed. The ARC will notify Residential Education & Housing once a housing-related accommodation has been approved, then our staff will work with students individually to meet their housing needs.

Accessibility Resource Center Contacts:

Accessibility Resource Center webpage
Phone: (336)316-2837 or (336)316-2879
Offices: second floor of Hege Library

For those ALREADY approved for housing-related ADA accommodations...

You do not need to reapply through the ARC each year. ResEd&Housing will reach out to you leading into continuing student housing selection each year to communicate about how we can best accommodate your needs and preferences.

Please also follow all other housing processes and deadlines as directed!