Shore Hall is home to the Communal Queer Living TLC in part or all of the hall depending on applications.
Shore Hall Facts
- Houses approximately 57 sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Central bathroom facilities on each floor, all of which are gender inclusive
- Three floors of residences
- Spacious community lounge on the first floor
- Central kitchen on the first floor
- Shared laundry facilities in the basement
- Wireless internet available throughout
- Located near Founders Hall and the center Quad
- Staffed by a Resident Advisor, an Assistant Community Director, and a Community Director
Shore Hall Bedroom Facts
- Air conditioned
- Carpeted floors
- Almost all double-occupancy bedrooms
- Typical room dimensions: 13 ft. 7 in. x 11 ft. 9 in.
- Typical bedroom furnishings: for each resident a desk; desk chair; loftable, extra-long twin bed frame and mattress; dresser; and closet.
- Trash and recycling bins provided
- 1 mini-fridge provided
including floor plans and images are available in this folder.
How to apply for Shore Hall....
Pay attention to pending deadlines!
For CONTINUING STUDENTS:
If you are interested in the Communal Queer Living TLC, there is a pre-application process, LINK HERE and it is due by 5:00pm on March 18th! You will also need to complete the Online Housing Application.
If you are interested in Shore Hall but not interested in the TLC...
- Complete the Online Housing Application by 5pm on March 25th.
- You will receive further instructions for Roommate Selection which begins on March 26th. You must be mutually matched with a roommate through Roommate Selection to be eligible to select from the available double rooms in Shore Hall in step 3 below. (Single rooms will not be available through General Room Self-Selection.)
- You will receive a General Room Self-Selection time for the evening of April 10th. These times are prioritized by class then randomly assigned. At your assigned time, this process will be open to you and you will be allowed into the system to select from available double rooms. You will receive further instructions.
For INCOMING TRANSFER, VISITING, and READMITTED STUDENTS (first-time first year students are NOT eligible for Shore Hall):
- Complete the Online Housing Application by June 21st and indicate Shore as a hall preference.
- If space is available, you would be manually housed in Shore Hall based on your preferences.
Submitting your Online Housing Application does NOT guarantee placement.