Unlock your potential and start your career in teaching by getting in touch with us today
Greensward works in partnership with Essex Teacher Training Partnership and has a history of providing high quality teacher training. We are currently recruiting and interviewing for school direct teacher training applications for September 2018. If you are excited by the prospect of making a difference to the education of children then we want to hear from you.
Here's how to apply:-
- Visit UCAS Teacher Training - https://www.ucas.com/ucas/teacher-training
- Enter the Provider Code Name: Academies Enterprise Trust - Eastern and the Provider Code Number: 2CG
- Select Campus Code: G and the Programme Code linked to your subject
For more information please contact Jo Bridgeman by phone on 01702 202571, via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Full information about training as a teacher with the AET can be found by clicking on the picture below which will redirect you to their Training School page.
Teacher training provision at Greensward Academy is “Outstanding”
Long-established teacher training provider, Mid-Essex Initial Teacher Training, has been recognised as 'outstanding' in all categories by Ofsted. Mid-Essex Initial Teacher Training (ITT) has been providing highly skilled teachers for local secondary schools for 20 years. Greensward is one of 20 schools in the Mid-Essex ITT partnership which spans the county including Braintree, Brentwood, Chelmsford, Rochford and Thundersley.
Following a detailed two stage inspection process taking place in June and October, Mid-Essex ITT was awarded the coveted 'outstanding' status in all categories including leadership, quality of training and outcomes. The inspectors supported Mid-Essex ITT’s judgement that most of its trainee teachers are outstanding in relation to what could reasonably expected from them at the end of their training. The inspection found the partnership is highly effective in training teachers to meet the needs of local schools. The report also highlighted that pupils respond eagerly and work cooperatively in classes.
Other key findings of the Ofsted report are:
- Consistently high employment rates, because trainees from the partnership are keenly sought by local schools.
- Mid-Essex produces confident classroom practitioners who are ready, as one headteacher put it, ‘to enter the profession as naturally inquisitive and reflective teachers’.
- Trainees’ and newly qualified teachers' effective management of pupils’ behaviour.
- The strategic leadership provided by local headteachers, which ensures the programme meets the needs of local schools.
- The excellent pastoral support for trainees.
Programme Manager, Martin Higgon, said: “Given the teacher recruitment shortage the education sector is facing, Mid-Essex Initial Teacher Training is proud to continue to provide teachers who demonstrate skills that have been officially recognised as outstanding.
“Parents who send their youngsters to our partnership schools can be confident that our trainee and newly-qualified teachers are delivering the highest quality teaching and learning experience.”
Further information about Mid Essex Initial Teacher Training is available at: www.midessexteachertraining.com
Full details of the Ofsted report are available at: https://reports.ofsted.gov.uk/inspection-reports/find-inspection-report/provider/ELS/70086