Welcome to the Parents' section which we hope will contain all the information you need to know about the academy. If you would like us to include any other information, please don't hesitate to let us know. If you would like hard copies of any of the information about the academy, please contact Mrs S Wheeler, Executive Assistant to the Principal.
Share your views through Parent View
Parents and carers can give their views of our academy at any time of the school year and at the time of a school inspection using an online questionnaire called Parent View. When our academy is notified of its next Ofsted inspection, parents will be invited to give their views about the school to inspectors using the Parent View online facility as this has replaced Ofsted’s paper questionnaire. Please make sure we have your most up-to-date contact details. Please register with an email address and a password by clicking on this link. Once your login has been activated, it only takes a few minutes to complete answers to 12 short questions about aspects such as bullying, the quality of teaching, level of homework, etc. Your views are important in helping inspectors make a decision about our academy, and to help us know what is going well and what could be improved. If you do not have a computer or an email address or if you would like help to use Parent View, please come into school and ask at reception.
You Said We Did
The aim at Greensward Academy is to act upon feedback from our customers and improve matters where possible. These are some of the things the academy did last year following feedback from parents, students and the wider community. If you have a suggestion on how we can improve matters for you, then please contact Mrs S Wheeler, Principal's EA (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- You would like a list of teaching staff by department published on the website.
- You would like report guides to be available in our Main Reception area.
- You would like improved access to the academy's uniform shop.
- You would like revision sessions on alternate days to Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- You were concerned about the misuse of social media.
- This can now be found on the Contact Us page of our website.
- These are now available in Main Reception and on our website.
- All uniform items are now sold at Danielle's shops in Hockley, and Rochford.
- Training sessions for staff were suspended to allow staff to hold revision sessions on a Wednesday.
- A new mobile phone policy was introduced to prevent this from happening during the school day.