- Covers difficulties, culture, learning resources, grammar, vocabulary etc.
- Thorough article on all aspects of Korean language.
- Article with diagram on the history, dialects, script, grammar and role in society of Korean.
- An upbeat article with helpful advice.
- Lots of info on the Korean script, its history, a chart of all the letters and a collection of links.
- Overview of the language, vocab, politeness levels, grammar and alphabet.
- Concise article on Korean dialects, phonology, grammar, politeness levels, vocabulary and writing.
- Great in-depth textbooks with audio that take you from absolute beginners, with cartoon dialogues, varied exercises, grammar notes, listening exercises and more.
- A very professional website that teaches introductory to intermediate Korean with loads of content.
- Thorough, effective courses with lots of audio & drills, developed by US government, unfortunately uses romanization. Focuses on more formal language.
Teen Korean Available in English, Chinese, Japanese & Russian
- Website designed for teenagers studying Korean but can be used by anyone. Multimedia lessons & a progress tracker, free registration required.
- Interactive course with 20 lessons including vocabulary, dialogues, grammar, reading practice & culture. Looks nice.
- Korean lessons from beginners to upper-intermediate with tests & listening & reading practice. Free registration required.
- A university course with audio, exercises, grammar etc for learning basic Korean.
- Teaches spoken Korean with lots of audio.
- Intended for immigrants married to Koreans, teaches through Korean using pictures. Basic to intermediate books with mp3s.
東外大言語モジュール Only available in Japanese
ALC 韓国語学習 Only available in Japanese
- Several courses available including beginner's course, Korean from movies, writing system etc.
在线韩国语教室 Only available in simplified Chinese
- Basic to advanced lessons with audio, dialogues, tests, grammar and vocabulary. Free registration required.
L-Lingo Korean Available in English, French, German & Spanish
- Interactive course with 40 lessons using pictures, audio and exercises to teach Korean phrases and vocabulary.
- Teaches entirely in Korean through audio and pictures. Lots of activities and an active community.
- A fantastic resource that teaches using dialogues, exercises, audio.
- Reading, conversation & exercise sections with great explanations and cute graphics. Free registration required.
- Aims to improve a student's listening & reading skills and grammar knowledge.
GLOSS Korean by the Defense Language Institute
- Improve your Korean with lessons on listening and reading comprehension. Beginning to intermediate level. Has lessons on Korean from North and South Korea.
Weekly Training Events by the Defense Language Institute
- Improve your Korean with listening & reading lessons from authentic material. Intermediate and beyond level.
- Lots of varied exercises using pictures for beginning to advanced learners of Korean.
- Lots of tutorials on grammar, pronunciation and Hangul.
- Reference lessons on grammar and vocabulary.
- Revision notes on grammar, hanja & vocab.
- Supplementary materials for the textbook 'College Korean'.
- Games for learning some basic Korean.
- A downloadable phrasebook with audio for basic Korean, some vocab specific to the military.
Free Korean Lessons by Leon
- A great overview of Korea politeness, grammar, sounds, numbers and other tricky parts.
韓国語無料学習 Only available in Japanese
- 9 beginner's lessons, a course for preparing for Korean exams, and a collection of Korean proverbs.
- Quizzes, games survival phrases with audio and vocab software to download.
- Audio files for the popular Integrated Korean textbook.
- Study vocabulary with flashcard quizzes, lots of different lists available. Also includes grammar guides and a sentence ending list.
- Learn vocabulary in groups of 10 using Korean-English & English-Korean mp3s. Words are split grammatically & topically.
- A huge section for survival Korean phrases and Korean vocabulary, with technical words included.
KBS Let's Learn Korean Available in En, De, Es, Fr, Ar, Ch, Jp, Ru, In
- A big phrasebook with Korean expressions and dialogues for travellers. Uses audio & flash presentations with vocab lists.
KBS Let's Learn Korean NEW Available in En, De, Es, Fr, Ar, Ch, Jp, Ru, Ind & Viet
- New version with 20 lessons introducing vocabulary, expressions & dialogues with short audio segments explaining each phrase.
Cours de coréen Only available in French
- Alphabet lessons and 7 lessons with texts, vocab & grammar, as well as a list of 1800 hanja & conversation phrases.
- Online flashcard system with sound, sentences and text.
- Collection of 400+ words with pictures and audio, arranged by topics, nice for supplementing your vocabulary.
- A grammar reference for looking up Korean grammar constructions, includes example sentences and brief explanations.
- Lots of info on hangeul, grammar patterns, vocabulary, slang, proverbs, idioms, learning resources, hanja and loads more.
Easy to Learn Korean Words and Phrases from The Korea Times
- Short, phrasebook style guides to vocabulary in different situations, with cute illustrations and culture notes.
- Large collection of phrases and sentences for topics ranging from onomatopoeia to drinking & compliments, as well as some grammar.
- Text lessons teaching everyday Korean for beginners, with basic grammar, phrases useful for everyday life, dialogues and vocabulary lists.
- Nice list of web resources for the Korean language, including dictionaries, textbooks, tests, grammar, pronunciation etc. with notes on each website.
Hanja and Hangul
- A downloadable program for learning Hanja and Korean vocabulary.
- Flash lessons for learning Hangul with pictures and audio. Nice presentation.
- Thorough Wiki book on Hangul, with stroke order, help on writing and exercises.
- Gradually teaches letters from the Korean alphabet, with exercises and some audio.
- Introduces the 30 most common Hanja with examples.
- 10 lessons thoroughly introducing Hangul with audio and reading practice. Also teaches basic grammar & vocabulary.
- A simple quiz to test yourself on the Hangul.
- Information on how Hangul is put together & pronunciation rules such as liason. Also includes basic gramar, expressions & wordlists.
Korean language & culture by Waunita Kinoshita, 1995
- A teacher's manual and student exercise book for 19 classroom based lessons. Could be useful to a self-learner though.
Browse more Korean language e-books here.
- Many lessons for different levels, takes apart dialogues and teaches vocab & grammar.
- Popular podcasts explaining common grammar problems in Korean. Beginner and intermediate levels.
チョアヨ！韓国 Only available in Japanese
- Chatty hosts teach Korean effectively through conversations, grammar explanations, free transcripts and listen-and-repeat sections.
- New podcast with free pdf notes, explains the basics in detail for new learners, & includes some advanced material. Looks promising.
ハンケヘヨ コリア Only available in Japanese
- Short podcasts explaining common Korean phrases and vocabulary.
- Learn basic Korean words and phrases for everyday life. Note: Only available in Cantonese.
- Useful podcasts on different topics with good explanations. English accent is a bit difficult to understand at first.
- Short podcasts looking at scenes from popular Korean dramas, and explaining the phrases, with videos from the dramas & notes.
- 10 lessons available free, 50 more available to pay for.
- Fairly old now, but still useful. The 2 teachers teach basic expressions using cartoon and skits. Hangul used throughout.
- A video course with loads of episodes. An excellent resource but you will need to know Hangul to catch all the expressions.
- New season with 10 minute episodes teaching Korean expressions. Nice as a supplement to your Korean studies.
- Teaches Korean through a mini drama with phrases and grammar explained by the presenters. The language taught is a bit more advanced than previous seasons. Unfortunately not yet complete.
Seemile - Learn Asian Language Available in English, Japanese, Chinese and Vietnamese
- Lots of videos teaching Korean grammar, conversation, basic phrases, Hangul and more. Teaching format is a native speaker teacher and a blackboard.
- Video course teaching basic travel expressions, also gives tips on Korean pronunciation, culture & customs.
- Forums about the Korean language, book reviews, life in Korea etc. Free registration required.
The Korean Forums at paperwindow
- Large forums about Korean language, grammar, learning resources, culture, media etc.
- A place to practise your Korean and ask questions about it.
- Korean language, grammar, vocabulary etc. Still a bit small.
- Forums for beginner's grammar, vocabulary, translation and practising Korean.
- Forums for the podcast, practising Korean, discussion about the language, culture, films, music, travel etc.
- Small forum with Korean lessons and some useful topics about language resources.
- Blog on the Korean language from an advanced learner of Korean.
- A group blog about studying Korean. Lots of useful posts with advice and reviews of language learning material.
- Lots of posts on Korean music, culture, humour, life in Korea, real life examples of written Korean, the language, vocabulary, videos etc.
- Blog about learning Korean with big links section.
- Lots of posts about the author's progress in learning Korean & Japanese, translating, language learning methods and more. Most of the posts are personal but very interesting.
- Korean grammar for smart learners.
- Blog by a Korean teacher with posts on the Korean language, music, movies, dramas, culture, travel, food etc. Also has free study materials and ebooks, although you need to be a member to download.
- The experiences of the author in learning Korean, includes links for language websites and posts on other languages too.
- Because Korean language self studying isn't that lame, right? Tips on learning Korean, study material reviews, grammar notes etc.
- Blogging my passion to learn Korean (한국어) and Hangul (한글).
- Blog on linguistics, learning Korean, Korean drama & entertainment.
- Regular posts on Korean cuisine, culture, grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, history and more.
- Lots of graded readers for primary and secondary school children, with audio and exercises.
- Scroll down to find a comprehensive tutorial on viewing Korean on any Windows computer.
- English to Korean dictionary, alphabetically arranged and searchable. Uses romanization and hangul.
- Browse Korean sites with a pop-up dictionary.
- A tutorial for writing Korean on a mac.