- An Android and Windows Phone app that has lists of Georgian vocabulary and phrases, verb conjugations and letters in the Georgian script with some audio.
GeorgianLearn Georgian Language Android, Windows Phone
- Information on the history, dialects, phonology, writing system, grammar and vocabulary of Georgian.
Georgian Language Profile
- Article with diagram on the history, dialects, script, grammar and role in society of Georgian.
The Georgian Language: Quick Facts
- Interesting information about the difficulty of Georgian, its writing system, pronunciation and more.
So why learn Georgian?
- Blog post from the perspective of a learner about Georgian.
Omniglot Georgian (Asomtavruli & Nuskhuri), Omniglot Georgian (Mkhedruli)
- Information on the origin and history of the Georgian writing systems and links.
- Overview of the language, alphabet, vocabulary and grammar.
Georgian: A Reading Grammar (+audio) by H. I. Aronson, 1990
- Very in-depth course that teaches written Georgian with exercises, copious grammar notes and vocabulary lists. Uses transliteration and script. For the serious learner.
SF 200 Hour Familiarization Course: Introduction to Georgian
- Teaches grammar structures, vocabulary and cultural information useful for daily life in Georgia. Uses transliteration and script. No audio.
Georgian I, II from the Malmö university, Sweden
- Distance learning course with online materials, exercises and dictionary. Free but only available during academic application period.
- Online grammar, information on the language and script, bibliography of study materials and more.
- Georgian phrases and vocabulary, some with sound, and information on the country, culture, travel, cuisine and more.
児島 康宏 (only available in Japanese)
- Essays about Georgia and culture etc, and useful phrases for travellers with audio.
Georgische lernen (only available in German)
- Basic grammar information, interactive vocabulary quizzes, resource lists and links.
Das Georgische (only available in German)
- Cultural information, information on the language, alphabet etc and grammar notes (incomplete).
Sprachführer georgische (only available in German)
- Basic phrases and information on the alphabet and transliteration.
Georgian hand written letters
- Flash animations showing how to write the Georgian script.
Henrik Theiling's Script Teacher
- Interactive Georgian script quizzes.
Peace Corps Georgian (+audio)
- Teaches grammar and vocabulary useful for everyday life, with some cultural information. Unfortunately no exercises.
The Georgian Language: An Outline Grammatical Summary by P. J. Hillery, 2006 (from armazi.com)
- Online grammar covering Georgian phonology, numbers, verbs, syntax, vocabulary etc.
English-Georgian Dictionary by Besiki Sisauri
- Downloadable one way dictionary with more than 10, 000 words, suitable for learners.
Basic Georgian (audio only) by N. Danelia
- Audio for the textbook 'Basic Georgian', which is reportedly only available in Georgia.
グルジア語研修テキスト (Georgian Language Training Textbook) by M. Kinoshita, 1993 (no. A221-222)
- Some complimentary copies may be available if you e-mail the university.
- Forum for learners with posts about learning resources, language journals, grammar notes etc.
- Unfortunately almost no posts.
Voice of America, TRT, RFE
- News, videos, radio and podcasts in Georgian.
- Georgian television channel with lots of online videos available.
English-Georgian Online Dictionary
- Searchable one way dictionary, uses a non-Unicode font.
- Searchable English, German and Russian to Georgian dictionary.
Deutsch-Georgisches Wörterbuch von Michael Jelden, 2001 (only available in German)
- Searchable two way dictionary.
Dictionnaire (only available in French)
- Searchable two way dictionary.
- Online tool for typing in Georgian.
- Firefox add-on for typing in Georgian and other languages.
Georgian Language Distance Learning Course
- Fonts and keyboards available to download, as well as blank note paper to practise writing Georgian.
- Lots of different font available to download.
Beginner's Georgian by D. Kiziria, 2009
- Well-reviewed textbook with audio that teaches conversational Georgian for beginners.
Georgian Language and Culture: A Continuing Course by H. I. Aronson & D. Kirizia, 1999
- A well-reviewed in depth textbook for intermediate+ learners, if you can find it.