The Elegant Tango Milonga in the Heart of London's Mayfair
"Thank you for the wonderful milonga Warren. You are an excellent DJ. First time in a traditional milonga where I could actually hear the music. It did not sound like a repetition of the same tune. I enjoyed it immensely. Consider me a regular from now on!" Filitsa Tileli
London Jesuit Centre, 114 Mount St, London W1K 3AH
[This is the red brick building on Mount Street opposite Connaught Hotel adjacent to but not at Farm Street Church]
Look for this sign and push the black door open.
La Cumparsita ends at 22:00 so time to send for carriages (or your S Class driver) and be taken home listening to the nightingales sing in Berkeley Square.
Parking is free from 18:30 on single yellow lines and some resident and payment parking bays. Beware of drop kerbs and entrances.
Zone E Mayfair and St James £4.90 per hour
Parkopedia's site shows car parks. Click "Street" to find free parking from 18:30 and £4.90 per hour before that.
La Cumparsita ends at 22:00
Time to get home before midnight
Mayfair Milonga is located between Berkeley Square and Grosvenor Square.
By public transport, it is 8 minutes walk from Bond Street Station and 4 minutes walk from the "Dorchester Hotel" bus stop on Park Lane.
Traditional Argentine Tango Music (Resident DJ Warren Edwardes)
A smooth blend of alternating Rhythmic and Lyrical Tangos in Tandas with short Cortinas.
Mainly Golden Age 1940 - 1950, Romantic Silk Age Tango 1950 - 1960 and Acoustic Contemporary-Traditional 2010-2018 Tango with a few 1930s valses and luscious 1960s tango tandas.
Milonga Entry Price:
£12 (in advance online outside the door);
£13 inside the door;
£10 (online) Loyalty Promo code: "Mayfair" (for previous Mayfair Milonga and Tango Shelter attendees and lottery supporters and their friends booking through them)
Spectator non-dancing tickets; £5
Ticket includes a free glass of sparkling wine, water, coffee, tea and biscuits.
Online including promo discounts applies during the milonga
TICKETS FULLY REFUNDABLE upto 6 hours before.
- Charity Benefit: Full hall rental fee goes to The Farm Street Night Shelter charity project as with Tango Shelter to house and feed Westminster's homeless.
- Four hour Milonga
- Music: Main Hall: A smooth blend of Traditional Golden Age, Romantic Silk Age and Acoustic Contemporary-Traditional Rhythmic and Lyrical Tangos in Tandas with Cortinas
- Elegant Ladies' Dressing Room with sofas to aid changing into fine tango dresses
- FREE first large 18cl glass of La Cumparsita Sparkling Wine
- Free tea and coffee and soft drinks; free water, biscuits in the hall
- Free raffle of a bottle of La Cumparsita Sparkling Wine
- Closing time of 22:00 allows travelling home long distances or on to another milonga
There will be photos and filming by the organisers and other tangueros.
These will be published on social media such as Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
If you object please do not come.