The Elegant Tango Milonga in the Heart of London's Mayfair
"Thank you for the wonderful milonga Warren. You are an excellent DJ. First time in a traditional milonga where I could actually hear the music. It did not sound like a repetition of the same tune. I enjoyed it immensely. Consider me a regular from now on!" Filitsa Tileli
Mount Street Jesuit Centre, 114 Mount St, Mayfair, London W1K 3AH
[This is the red brick building on Mount Street opposite Connaught Hotel adjacent to but not at Farm Street Church]
Look for this sign and push the black door open.
La Cumparsita ends at 22:00 so time to send for carriages (or your S Class driver) and be taken home listening to the nightingales sing in Berkeley Square.
Parking is free from 18:30 on single yellow lines and some resident and payment parking bays. Beware of drop kerbs and entrances.
Zone E Mayfair and St James £4.90 per hour
Parkopedia's site shows car parks. Click "Street" to find free parking from 18:30 and £4.90 per hour before that.
La Cumparsita ends at 22:00
Time to get home from quite a distance
Mayfair Milonga is located between Berkeley Square and Grosvenor Square.
By public transport, it is 8 minutes walk from Bond Street Station and 4 minutes walk from the "Dorchester Hotel" bus stop on Park Lane.
Traditional Argentine Tango Music (Resident DJ Warren Edwardes)
A smooth blend of alternating Rhythmic and Lyrical Tangos in Tandas with short Cortinas.
Mainly Golden Age 1940 - 1950, Romantic Silk Age Tango 1950 - 1960 and Acoustic Contemporary-Traditional 2010-2018 Tango with a few 1930s valses and luscious 1960s tango tandas.
Milonga Entry Price: £12 (in advance online); £13 on the door
£10 (online) Loyalty Promo code: "Mayfair" (for previous Mayfair Milonga and Tango Shelter attendees and lottery supporters and their friends booking through them)
Spectator non-dancing tickets; £5
Ticket includes a free glass of sparkling wine, water, coffee, tea and biscuits.
Advance online including promo discounts closes 1 hour before.
TICKETS FULLY REFUNDABLE upto 6 hours before.
- Charity Benefit: Full hall rental fee goes to The Farm Street Night Shelter charity project as with Tango Shelter 2017 to house and feed Westminster's homeless.
- Four hour Milonga
- Music: Main Hall: A smooth blend of Traditional Golden Age, Romantic Silk Age and Acoustic Contemporary-Traditional Rhythmic and Lyrical Tangos in Tandas with Cortinas
- Elegant Ladies' Dressing Room with sofas to aid changing into fine tango dresses
- FREE first large 20cl glass of La Cumparsita Sparkling Wine
- Free tea and coffee in the kitchen; free water, biscuits and cakes in the hall
- Free raffle of a bottle of La Cumparsita Sparkling Wine
- Closing time of 22:00 allows travelling home long distances or on to another milonga