Rube Goldberg Machine
A Rube Goldberg machine is a machine intentionally designed to perform a simple task in an indirect and overcomplicated fashion. Often, these machines consist of a series of simple devices that are linked together to produce a domino effect, in which each device triggers the next one, and the original goal is achieved only after many steps.
The video above shows a fun and fairly ridiculous example.
For this project, you will use the Physics engine and gravity in Cheetah 3D to create your own Rube Goldberg Machine.
Create a Rube Goldberg Machine in Cheetah. Your assignment must consist of:
- At least 5 dynamic moving spheres or marbles
- At least 15 ramps, tunnels, channels, or obstacles.
- At least 10 collision activated objects like dominoes, projectiles, breaking walls, and falls.
- All your objects should have materials or textures.
- Create a sky light to make your world more realistic.
- Activate and animate your camera to follow the motion of your project.
- Render as an H.264 movie.