Games Played Report: October 2017
Post date: Oct 31, 2017 4:03:16 PM
I've made it through 10 of 12 months, and I have managed to play a different game every day thus far this year. It's been a lot more tiring than I thought it would be, but I am confident I can make it through the next two months. Also, just because it's tiring, that doesn't mean it's not enjoyable!
The big challenge, of course, is that there are so few hours in the day when you have kids and work full time. But I believe I waste far too much time each day, too, so reclaiming some of those moments where I've become accustomed to zoning out and staring at a screen is a good way to refocus... even if playing games means I'm staring at another screen -- but it's different!
Here are thoughts on some of this month's games:
- Super Smash Bros. for Wii U is packed with content. I'm still rather amazed at this game. So polished and rich.
- Yes, I pretty much still check in on Miitomo each day. I'm that guy.
- Flipnote Studio 3D is such an easy and intuitive tool to use! I made a video for a song by Goh Nakamura and CHOPS.
- Horizon Chase is a really slick homage to classic "blue sky" racing games. If only I played iOS games more often!
- I find it amusing how "chatty" Raiden V is. The dialogue bits I pick up here and there are so random and hilarious.
- Man, I really screwed up on that art I drew for Layton's Mystery Journey. Oh well.
- Yo-Kai Watch is a series I really want to get more into because it's so slick, but I always end up getting distracted.
- Those title screens in Game & Wario are worth the price of admission alone.
- Sine More is never game that "clicked" with me until I played it on Switch. Go figure.
- My son used to speak in his own weird little kid language when Ginga Force game it. It sounds like named the game.
- Ah, the art in Cuphead is so delightful!
- Muchi Muchi Pork is kind of pervy, but I adore the sprite work and the entire "Saturn Saturn" vibe of the game.
- Who would've guessed The Mummy Demastered would be so good? A nice new "Castlevania" game to check out!
- I wanted to call in sick the day I played Super Mario Galaxy just so I could get lost in it.
- Super Mario Odyssey is the best game I've played in a long, long time. Absolutely brilliant work by Nintendo.
- Gosh, if only I had the time to spend my days mapping dungeons in Etrian Odyssey V for the next few months...
- Putting Servbot masks onto zombies in Dead Rising is just as fun now as it was a decade ago.
October 1: Picross S
October 2: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
October 3: Haunted Castle
October 4: Injustice 2
October 5: Miitomo
October 6: Flipnote Studio 3D
October 7: Cotton
October 8: Horizon Chase
October 9: Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga
October 10: Mortal Kombat XL
October 11: Raiden V
October 12: Layton's Mystery Journey: Katrielle and the Millionaire's Conspiracy
October 13: Digital Champ
October 14: Samurai Shodown Sen
October 15: Yo-Kai Watch 2: Psychic Spectors
October 16: Magnetica
October 17: Game & Wario
October 18: Jamestown
October 19: Sine Mora EX
October 20: Robo Army
October 21: Fire Emblem Warriors
October 22: Ginga Force
October 23: Cuphead
October 24: Muchi Muchi Pork
October 25: The Mummy Demastered
October 26: Super Mario Galaxy
October 27: Super Mario Odyssey
October 28: HarmoKnight
October 29: Tiny Barbarian DX
October 30: Etrian Odyssey V
October 31: Dead Rising