Free School Meals
From 4th January 2016, parents on benefits must use the Free School Meals Eligibility Checker to see whether or not your child qualifies for free school meals.
FSM Eligibility Checker
Universal Infant Free School Meals (UIFSM) provides funding for all government-funded schools to offer free school meals to pupils in Reception, Year 1, and Year 2. UIFSM is totally different from Free School Meals (FSM). Parents of children in Reception, Year 1 & Year 2 that are on benefits will need to also apply for Free School Meals.
In England, a Free School Meal (FSM) is a statutory benefit available to school-aged children from families who receive other qualifying benefits and have been through the relevant registration process.
Children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 receiving Universal Infant Free School Meals (UIFSM) will not receive Free School Meal Vouchers.
To receive Free School meals, you must be in receipt of one of the following benefits listed below:
Income Based Job Seeker’s Allowance
Income-Based Employment Support Allowance
Support from NASS (National Asylum Support Service)
Support from a local authority SSAT (Social Services Asylum Team)
Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
Child Tax Credit and joint income of no more that £16,190
To check to see if you are eligible for Free School Meals for your child , please click https://pps.lgfl.org.uk/ and follow the instructions below:
1. Click 'Check Eligibility'
2. Click 'Proceed' (the blue button)
3. Select 'Haringey' in the Local Authority drop-down box
5. Select 'Noel Park Primary School' in the School drop-down box
6. Tick the privacy notice box at the bottom of the page
7. Fill in your details
8. If you are eligible for Free School Meals fill in your child's details (if you have more than one child that attends our school, please add each child)
9. Download the 'Certificate of Eligibility'
10. Email the 'Certificate of Eligibility' to firstname.lastname@example.org (in the email you must include each child/ren's that you applied for that attends our school).