School Council September 12th Principal’s Report
· We had a very busy summer resulting in a smooth start to our school year.
· We have added new staff to our faculty
o Assistant Principals Alana Cyr and Steve Grant
o Special Educators Jason Zindars and Veronica Traugott
o 8th grade teacher Eileen Wilder
o 6th grade teachers Kristen Sullivan and Quintin Burks
o Instructional Assistant Maryann Zayka
· Michael Wood authorized a fifth section of sixth grade when our enrollment reached 109 students. We designed the fifth section as a “plus” section that has been proven effective at Hale Middle School.
· Michael Wood has been working closely with the bus company to strike a balance between lengths of routes and viable stops.
· Smart Boards have been installed in all grade 5 classrooms and in Spanish.
· Early MCAS returns are strong. I will present a full report in October.
· Mike Caligiuri continues to reconfigure the library adding new seating and opening up space for instruction.
· Our first A-E teaching cycle is complete.
· Students and teachers have made the necessary adjustments to their schedules
· The newly designed Children’s Memorial Courtyard is extraordinary – A special thanks to Mark Van Buren of Mark’s Landscaping for all of his hard work and dedication to this project.
· The Superintendent has authorized a new web site for us coming some time in October
· The new pick-up and drop-off procedure at the Emerson Wing is mirroring that of the Sawyer Wing
o We have offered parents a one-stop pickup plan for those with children in both wings.
· We had energetic first day assemblies to set the tone for the school year.
o We discussed:
§ The rights and responsibilities of students
§ What we expect from them.
§ What they can expect from us.
* Drama began this week with fall plays scheduled.
· School Pictures will be October 1, 2012.
· The PMC Kids Ride will move to the Fall this year with our second calendar ride taking place on Sunday October 7, 2012.
Principal's Report >