Post date: Jan 9, 2013 8:42:56 PM
School Council January 9th Principal’s Report (Not in chronological order)
· Safety debriefings took place the week before the holiday break – The administration met with the staff, safety committee, chief of police, director of facilities to assess what we do well and where we can do better.
· We have reviewed protocols with staff and communicated with parents as part of this taking stock process.
· Extended Day will be locked until the last student is picked up. Parents will be buzzed in by staff. A backdoor light will soon be installed and a buzzer system has been budgeted for the extended day program.
· A penetration audit took place by the Bolton Police and both buildings followed all procedures. We received the highest rating from the chief of police.
· Staff and administration have prepared budgets for the Superintendent. The administration will be presenting budgets to the school committee on Saturday, February 2nd
· PAC Parent Trivia Night will be Saturday, February 9th
· The PAC Spelling Challenge Fundraiser Grades K-5 will take place on Friday, January 18th. We are trying to reach a $10,000.00 benchmark.
· The Geography Bee will take place January 10th
· Four Winds training for the parents took place today for the winter workshop
· Our SWAT team will be working with each grade level over the next two weeks
· In addition, winter assessments are underway giving us two sets of data to use to inform our instruction for the remainder of the year
· The next Golden Eagles/Sawyer Stars assemblies will be Friday, January 25th
· There will be a FSS Student Council event on January 25th
· Auditions and then rehearsals are upcoming for The Rockin’ Tales of Snow White performance later in the year