Post date: Apr 11, 2012 10:02:51 PM
Principal’s Report to the School Council
April 11, 2012
1. The MCAS sessions went smoothly. Grades 3-8 were tested over a two week period. MCAS testing for Mathematics and Science begins on May 8. The calendar is located on our website.
2. Spring sports are underway. Baseball and softball teams have been chosen. The golf program is full and Spring volleyball is beginning.
3. Last Friday 20 students competed in an Evening of Debate.
4. The cast of Oz! and drama director Mary Ann Zayka represented the Florence Sawyer School in fine fashion with two shows.
5. Our middle level DI team finished fourth in the state –wide competition.
6. Conferences have been going well. Our thanks in advance to PAC for the delicious snacks and the dinner tomorrow. Also, PAC will be providing us with a Staff Appreciation Week from the 7th to 11th of MAY
7. Surveys will launch tomorrow with a successful vote tonight.
8. Trees for Tots will take place on Friday April 27.
9. Staffing assignments for 2012-2013 are completed.
10. 18 Middle School teachers completed a one day training on Developmental Designs last Friday in the Public Safety Building.
11. PAC Enrichment Brought in several Science programs from the Discovery Museum.
12. School Pictures took place this week.
13. School vacation hours will be 8 to 3 Tuesday through Friday.
14. The PMC Kids Ride will be held at FSS on May 6.
15. The seventh Graders are working overtime to raise funds for Relay for Life.
a. $1200.00 through the first Gumnasty Day
b. Next Gumnasty Day will be May 4th