Post date: Dec 7, 2011 10:32:08 PM
Principal’s Report to the Florence Sawyer School Council
Wednesday, December 7, 2011
1. As a result of the power outages, the superintendent moved back the reporting dates for report cards to Friday, December 16. I have been presenting the district report cards in Stow, Lancaster, Bolton and Stow.
2. The NRHS Search Committee recently concluded its first round of interviews. Finalists will be announced at the end of this week and the next round of forums will begin.
3. The students and faculty competed in the second annual Thanksgiving Touch Football game. The score finished in a tie for the second year in a row. This year we asked students to bring in a canned good as a ticket that we would donate to WHEAT services. The students generated 433 pounds of canned goods in this effort.
4. The Toys for Tots fundraiser is underway. Student Council seeks donations of new unwrapped toys that we donate to the Marine Corps for distribution.
5. Sawyer Basketball games start this Friday.
6. Other Enrichment activities are starting as well as detailed in the November Report. A New Origami Club is forming.
7. Our Chorus and Band concerts are December 14 and 21. Our annual Sing-A-Long will be Friday, December 23.
8. Grade 2 recently went on a walking tour of Bolton, going to the Public Safety building and the library.
9. The District Calendar Committee is nearing completion of its work. The resulting calendar will be presented to the School Committee.
10. The Holiday Office hours for school will be 8-3PM from December 27 to 30.