Post date: Nov 2, 2012 2:54:46 AM
School Council October 10th Principal’s Report
We have had a very busy month of September and beginning of October.
· Our PAC sponsored John Boiano is working with the students grades one to eighth over two days - the focus of the workshops is on building social competencies with kids.
· We will have a ceremony to honor our newly designed Children’s Memorial Courtyard on Thursday, October 25th
· Individual school pictures were taken last week. Life Touch worked closely with us to ensure high quality photos and experiences.
· Cross country has started having meets with other schools
· Intramural touch football is now underway
· The Plus Project will be starting at the end of the month in grades one to 8.
· The Mathematics Olympiads is kicking off soon
· The Running Club has started meeting before school
· Punk Rope has also started up again
· DI is in the initial phases of developing their schedule for the upcoming year
· Drama is starting to get organized for a November performance
· PMC riders met on Sunday for a day of riding and barbequing
· Believe it or not we are in the early phases of preparing for fall conferences, in the first week of November
· Worcester State was here last week performing hearing tests with grades K-2
· It is Fire Safety week and we will have two assemblies this coming Friday
· Several teachers will be off campus next week for a Daily Five, Café Menu presentation.
· ACT/SOS screenings will take place next week with our eighth graders
· Vision and hearing screenings will take place next week for grades four, five, and seven
· The seventh graders returned from their four day adventure at Sargent Center in NH – it was a pretty wet week.
· The first (September) Golden Eagle assemblies have occurred and we set a nice tone for the year