Post date: Feb 13, 2013 2:51:32 PM
School Council February 13 Principal’s Report (Not in chronological order)
· At PAC’s request, we facilitated the election for the open vacancy for school council. Spencer Marks was elected with 53% of the vote. Spencer will close out Katie Giannetti’s term.
· On-going safety meetings with safety committee – lock down, evacuation, extended day. The Chief of Police has asked to schedule an informational forum for parents to learn about the many ways we keep children safe at FSS and NRHS.
· Budget workshop took place on February 2nd with the school committee.
· PAC Trivia will need to be rescheduled.
· The administrative team will be participating in a tricycle race based on the $10,000.00 raised from the spelling challenge - more donations are still coming in
· The Scholastic Book Fair continues through this week
· A second round of assessments have taken place – two sets of data to look at now moving forward into the spring
· Our next Golden Eagle assembly will be March 1st
· We collected 34 full backpacks to be sent to Haiti to support the children in need
· Middle school pilot tutoring program continues – 8th and 5th grade
· Sawyer Eagle bead fundraiser continues
· Enrichment program will run next week during the February break – district program offering several workshops
· MCAS schedules are currently being developed for testing starting next month
· The 100th day of school will be this week
· Kindergarten lottery has taken place – registrations are occurring at this time
· PLUS Update – some grades are changing up groupings – students are enjoying the time with another adult
· PAC Bingo Night – March 23rd
· Destination Imagination tournament – March 23
· Intramural volleyball starts after the February break
· Lip Sync – March 2nd
· The middle school is taking orders for the yearbook due out this spring