posted Oct 12, 2011, 2:40 PM by Joel Bates
updated Nov 16, 2011, 8:07 AM
- FSS held an Open House for K-5 and attendance was very strong in comparison to the 6-8 Open House.
- PAC held its first meeting of the year on the 27th
- PAC sponsored two spectacular enrichment programs for our school.
- Stunt Bicyclist, Mike Steidley, performed for grades 5-8
- Author Illustrator Brian Lies spoke to grades 1-4
- On September 30, FSS teachers completed several activities related to MCAS Action Planning and ISSP Development. Grade 1 & 2 teachers and specialists are continuing their work on district-wide report cards. Kindergarten and Preschool met with Early Childhood coordinator Cyndie Maxfield.
- School pictures were held on October 3rd. Feedback was good overall. Kindergarten felt rushed.
- 8th Grade Race to the Presidency has begun. Students will research positions and meet with lobbyists for funding in an interactive multi-faceted civics unit.
- The fourth graders are developing their pumpkin projects. The Pumpkins are representative of a character in a favorite book.
- Seventh grade returned from Sargent Center on Friday.
- The first dance of the year is next Friday, October 21.
- October 28 will be an early release day for students. The goal for staff will be to work in self-selected areas of focused professional development.
- Pick A Time Conference Scheduling will open on November 2 and close on November 8, with parent conferences on the 9th and 10th.
- Our fall play “30 Reasons Not to Be In A Play” opens on November 4 and closes on November 5.
- Our Cross Country team has had a very exciting and successful season. They have three meets to go and have won all but two of their meets.
- Remember that due to conferences we agreed to move the date of our next meeting to November 2.