Student progress is reflected in running records recorded on a Google Sheet shared with each student via Google Drive. It also recorded in X2 :Aspen. To understand how competency grades translate to traditional grades, reference the chart below.
10% of Term Grade
A learner's grade for formative work includes the following:
- Work-Study Habits & Skills
- Ongoing Formative Work (This score can be improved with additional work.)
- Demonstrated Readiness for Summative Assessment
Workflow Time Frames
All formative and summative work must be completed within the identified time frames posted on the course calendar and/or Google Classroom.
- Learners who complete work late run the risk of failing the course for the semester.
- Late work can only be submitted in person and outside of regular class time.
- Late work may result in the forfeiture of opportunities for reassessment/revision.
90% of Term Grade
A summative assessment is a performance task in which the learner demonstrates competency.
Before a summative assessment grade becomes final, the learner will have the opportunity to create a trend through reassessment and revision.
In X2, these trends will be reflected in the fluctuations of the grade for each summative assessment.
Special Codes in X2YES NOIP (Work is in-progress.)BG (Work is being graded.)NA (Not applicable.)MI (Work is missing/wasn't submitted. This is calculated as a zero.)
NOTE: When X2 indicates that a special code is EXEMPT., this does not mean that the assignment doesn't have to be completed. It means only that is has no numerical value.
Reassessment/Revision of a Summative Assessment:
- For every summative assessment completed within the identified workflow time frame, learners will receive a score and individualized, detailed feedback
- Following revision work, learners may request an individual conference to have work reassessed.
- Learners who do not promptly request an individual conference may have to seek out opportunities for a conference outside of regular class time.
- Learners who need need multiple conferences may have to seek out opportunities outside of regular class time.
- Learners must complete individual conferences for reassessment on or before the posted deadline.