Student progress is reflected in running records recorded on a Google Sheet shared with each student via Google Drive. It also recorded in X2 :Aspen. To understand how competency grades translate to traditional grades, reference the chart below.
10% of Term Grade
A learner's grade for formative work includes the following:
- Work-Study Habits & Skills
- Ongoing Formative Work
90% of Term Grade
A summative assessment is a performance task through which the learner demonstrates competency.
Before a summative assessment grade becomes final, the learner will have the opportunity to create a trend through reassessment and revision.
In X2, these trends will be reflected in the fluctuations of the grade for each summative assessment.
NOTE: Competency is measured through summative assessments. To earn credit for a course, all summative assessments must end up at D- or higher.
Special Codes in X2
IP IN PROGRESS- Summative assessment is currently a work in-progress.
BG BEING GRADED- Summative assessment has been completed and is being graded.
NA NOT APPLICABLE
SATIS SATISFACTORY- Formative work has been satisfactorily completed. Provides some evidence of readiness to demonstrate competency.
PART PARTIAL- Formative work partially completed. Does not sufficiently provide evidence of readiness to demonstrate competency.
NONE NONE- Formative work has not been completed/submitted. Does not offer evidence of readiness to demonstrate competency.
NOTE: When X2 indicates that a special code is EXEMPT, it means the assignment has no numerical value. It does not mean that the learner is exempt from completing the assignment .
Workflow Time Frames
All formative and summative work must be completed within the identified time frames posted on the course calendar and/or Google Classroom.
- Learners who complete work late run the risk of failing the course for the semester.
- Late work may result in the forfeiture of opportunities for reassessment/revision.
Reassessment/Revision of a Summative Assessment:
- For every summative assessment completed within the identified workflow time frame, learners will receive a score and individualized, detailed feedback
- Following revision work, learners may request an individual conference to have work reassessed.
- Learners who do not promptly request an individual conference may have to pursue opportunities for a conference outside of regular class time.
- Learners who need multiple conferences may have to pursue out opportunities for a conference outside of regular class time.
- Learners must complete all individual conferences for reassessment on or before the posted deadline.