The Grapes of Wrath
by John Steinbeck
Some "Text to Text" & "Text to World" connections to explore...
Life as a Tenant Farmer- Oklahoma in the 1930s
Life as a Migrant Worker- California in the 1930s
Traveling Route 66
Explore the Health and Poverty Connection
- What’s “black tongue”?
- What’s pellagra?
Prentice Hall Literature: The American Experience - Selected Textbook Resources
- Novel Excerpt: Chapter 3, The Grapes of Wrath - "The Turtle" - p.766
Multi-Media Resources: Music
Click here to listen to musical "text to text" connection to The Grapes of Wrath (only available to Mrs. Juster's students).
- Woody Guthrie's:
- “This Land Is Your Land”
- “Union Maid”
- “Tom Joad”
- “Route 66”- lyrics by Bobby Troup
- “Ghost of Tom Joad” - Bruce Springsteen
- “Ghost of Tom Joad” - Rage Against the Machine
- “For What It’s Worth” - Buffalo Springfield
- “Battle Hymn of the Republic”- William Steffe
- "California, Here I Come"- Library of Congress