Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
by Mark Twain
Some "Text to Text" & "Text to World" connections to explore...
- Mark Twain's Huckleberry Finn - a great resource from the University of Virginia with full e-text and original illustrations.
- Samuel Clemens/Mark Twain- from PBS as a companion to the Ken Burns' documentary, Mark Twain.
- Mark Twain on Stage- another resource from the University of Virginia which offers some interesting insights.
- Mark Twain in His Times- a great resource from the English Department at the University of Virginia
- Explore Biblical allusions with The Bible Gatweway
- Mark Twain Abroad- interesting resource from the University of California, Berkeley
Resources: Understanding Context
- National Park Service- Mississippi River Facts
- Mississippi River - people still cruise down the Mississippi!
- The Official Site for Mississippi River Travel - learn about the great river road!
- Explore steamboats and gain some insight into Twain's world.
- National Geographic's Map Machine- use this tool to gain an in-depth knowledge of the graopgraphy of the Ol' Mississippi.
Prentice Hall Literature: The American Experience - Selected Textbook Resources
- Excerpt from Nonfiction: Life on the Mississippi -p. 576
- Short Story: “The Notorious Jumping Frog of Calaveras County” –p. 581
- Download the MP3 of Adventures of Huckleberry Finn at Libri-Vox and listen to the novel as you read along with the e-text or your own copy of the novel.
Resources: Ethics and Learning
See the trailer for Disney's
The Adventures of Huck Finn
From Ken Burns' YouTube Channel:
Selected clips from Mark Twain