Wellbeing for pupils
Young Minds Helplines:
Parents Helpline: Parents Helpline directly on 0808 802 between 9:30am-4pm
YoungMinds Crisis Messenger: text YM to 85258 for free 24/7 support
The Young Minds website is here: https://youngminds.org.uk/
Further websites offering advice for young children
Anna Freud: Coronavirus, mental health, wellbeing
The Children’s Society: Coronavirus Advice & Support
Safeguarding - online safety
For AET pupils accessing remote learning:
- Pupils should follow the instructions here to log into their g suite account and access their google classroom set up by their teacher.
- Please ensure wherever possible, that pupils have had a chance to practice this at school, before trying on a device at home.
- If pupils have forgotten their password, they should use this link here
- By logging into g suite, or Chromebook, any online activity can be tracked through eSafe and any exposure to unsuitable exposure to dangerous or inappropriate material, either accidental or intentional can be quickly identified and actioned.
- Pupils and parents must be reminded of the ICT code of conduct in place with regards to password and account security; appropriate use of the internet.
- The classroom must be accessed in an appropriate space at home i.e. not a bedroom.
- Pupils must be appropriately dressed throughout.
- Where pupils are receiving one to one online tuition through ‘My Tutor’ for example, it is highly recommended that a family member or carer is present throughout the tutorial session.
- Remind pupils about how to stay safe online and ensure that parents are directed to safer internet guidance e.g.
AET Virtual Learning Academy
New AET Virtual Learning Academy for Pupils and Students
AET's new Virtual Learning site has three strands that you can access
- Strand one: academy-led learning (packages purchased by the curriculum team for teachers to use with pupils/ students, for each key stage)
- Strand two: self-service resources (a bank of resources curated by the curriculum team that pupils and staff can pick and choose)
- Strand three: AET lives sessions, 15 days of lessons, from 30th March - 21st April (for Yrs 5/6)