January 19, 2012, Thursday
5:30 pm- 7:00 pm - Networking & Refreshments
7:00 pm - 8:30pm - Presentation / Virtual Presentation
What makes technical editing technical? (and more trick questions)...
Kat describes the session as:
An introduction to the folklore, popular culture, and best practices of an interesting profession, with truths learned over mumblemumble years of experience and a dash of crowd-sourced advice from fellow practitioners...
Isn't technical editing just normal editing with different source material?
- What does a technical editor edit?
- What does a technical editor do differently than a normal editor, and why does it matter?
- Why do project requirements often include a specific technical degree?
- What tools and resources make technical editing easier/faster/more rewarding financially and personally?
- Horror stories, gotchas, and open Q&A