Every year for over 40 years now, Bolivar A.P.T.A. (Association for the Preservation of Tennessee Antiquities) has hosted an annual pilgrimage. It is an excellent opportunity to visit the interiors of many of these fine historic sites and enjoy narrated tours with knowledgeable costumed guides. The 2016 Home tour was held on Saturday and Sunday, May 15th and 16th. Stay tuned for 2017 Home tour!
Hardeman County's first courthouse was built in 1824 and is the oldest courthouse in West Tennessee. It was converted to a residence after additions were made in 1849. It now functions as a museum.
Sam Houston, President James K. Polk and other prominent figures were entertained here by John Houston Bills who built this impressive home from 1826-29. The Pillars served as a military headquarters during the Civil War.