2023/2024 Volunteer Registration
Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer for the Eastern York School District. Volunteer registration for the 2023/2024 school year is now open. All new and returning volunteers must complete the online volunteer registration in order to be considered for approval for the 2023/2024 school year. Please review the information below prior to starting your registration.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding volunteering please contact
Mrs. Kyle Hinkle at email@example.com or 717-252-1555 ext. 33239
EYSD Offers Three Volunteer Roles:
School/Classroom Volunteer - assists with school/classroom activities (ex. field trips, PTSO events, etc.)
Athletic Volunteer - acts as a volunteer assistant coach for athletic teams.
Co-Curricular Volunteer - assists with events/activities held by the Performing Arts Department (ex. marching band events, musical performances, pit orchestra, etc.)
Volunteer Registration Links:
Information for Returning Volunteers:
Information for New/Inactive Volunteers:
If you are new to volunteering at EYSD or did not volunteer during the 2022/2023 school year you are considered a new/inactive volunteer.
Prior to completing the online registration - obtain required Clearances
Clearances for all new and inactive volunteers must be dated within the last year.
Follow the appropriate link above to register as a volunteer for the 2023/2024 school year.
Submit the following documents to Human Resources:
PA Child Abuse History Clearance (must be dated less than 1 year ago)
PA Criminal History Record Check (must be dated less than 1 year ago)
FBI Criminal Background Check if applicable (only required if you’ve lived in PA for less than 10 consecutive years)
Signed Act 24 Arrest/Conviction Report & Certification Form
TB Test Result if applicable (must be dated less than 2 years ago)
Important Volunteer Information:
Upon completion of your registration, please allow two weeks for the review and approval determination.
All athletic and co-curricular volunteers are required to submit a TB test result dated within the past two years.
School/Classroom volunteers who will volunteer 10 or more hours in a week are required to submit a TB test result dated within the past two years.
In order to remain an “active” volunteer you must volunteer at least one time each school year. Volunteers who are listed as “inactive” will be required to register and submit updated clearances if they wish to volunteer within the district again.
Clearances, Act 24 Forms and TB Test Results can be submitted to Human Resources via email to Kyle Hinkle at firstname.lastname@example.org. Documents can also be submitted in person at the District Administration Office located at 120 S. Third Street in Wrightsville.
Instructions for Obtaining Volunteer Clearances:
Applying for PA Criminal History Record/Act 34
▪ Visit https://epatch.pa.gov/home
▪ Select “New Volunteer Record Check”
▪ After completion of request you will receive a confirmation email as well as a separate email confirming that your request has been completed. Take note of your “Control Number” and follow the link provided in the email to access your clearance.
▪ Click on the blue “Certification Form” link to open and print/save your official report.
Applying for PA Child Abuse History Clearance/Act 151
▪ Visit https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home
▪ Select “create individual account” – follow steps to create Keystone ID and password
▪ Select “create clearance application”
▪ Be prepared to provide the names of all individuals with whom you have lived with since 1975 (ex. parents, guardians, siblings, spouses, children, etc.)
▪ Select “Volunteer” under purpose
▪ After completion of application you will be granted online access to your clearance within two weeks. You will be notified via e-mail when the result is available.
Applying for FBI Criminal Background Check/Act 114
**Required only for volunteers who have resided in the Commonwealth of PA for less than 10 years**
Enter PA Department of Human Services service code - 1KG6ZJ
Select “schedule or manage appointment”
Complete personal information and select identity document for enrollment
Select location for appointment
Choose appointment time or register as a walk-in
Payment is collected at fingerprinting site (major credit cards, money orders or cashier’s check)
Provide your “UEID” to Human Resources.