New York State Master Teacher Program - North Country Region
North Country Cohort Supervisor - Kathleen Fessette - email@example.com
North Country Master Teacher Program 2019-2020 - Professional Development and Cohort Meetings
The NCMTP will meet during the following dates. All cohort and full day meetings are mandatory. Monthly cohort meetings will be hosted in three sites; Plattsburgh, Canton and Carthage. An agenda will be sent to all MT’s prior to the meeting. Please review the information before the scheduled meeting. Site leaders in each site will facilitate the meetings and will act as a liaison to the Regional Director. NC Fellows will choose one site to attend the monthly meetings and will be asked to sign in at each meeting.
The monthly cohort meetings will have the following structure:
- 4:30- 4:45 – MTs gather and discuss the Agenda for the meeting - sent prior to the gathering - During this time questions for the Regional Director will be recorded by each site leader and typed into a Google Doc.
- 4:45-5:15 - Regional Director begins the “Zoom Meeting” answering questions from each site.
- 5:15 – 6:15 – Planned/coordinated professional development activities for each site – based on discussion from retreat at Minnowbrook and July planning session.
- 6:15 - 6:30 - Master Teacher time to log monthly hours & reflect in professional journals.
- Cohort Meetings: 2 hours
- Full Day Meetings: 5 hours
- (Exception Annual Retreat)
- North Country Challenge: 1.5 hours/month
- NYS Mini Course: 2 hr/session X 3= 6 hours
Upcoming Statewide Opportunities
MT's Andrea Inserra and Lisa Dunkelburg in Taiwan presenting at the IWEE lectures.
NCMPT ONLY Links coming SOON*
- Engagement Form (hours)
- PLT Faclitation Instructions
- External Funding
- Requires Permission - email firstname.lastname@example.org
Where did you go this summer?
You may have seen the news: G+ (the host for this closed on-line NYSMTP Network) is going away April 2. The central office is in the process of migrating the network space to SUNY Workplace. The K-5 teachers received details and the invite to join. More info will be shared here and in the February newsletter. --Josephine
Find materials created by Master Teachers in the NYSMTP Exchange at tinyurl.com/NYSMTPx, the archive of resources developed by and for NYS Master Teachers. (You are welcome to share publicly these resources. Remember to give credit to the creator.)