2012 Rules & Scoring
Easton Cowboys Fantasy Cricket League – 2012 Season
The Rules :
- To compete in the 2012 Easton Cowboys Fantasy Cricket League, each entrant must submit a team of cricketers, who will each score points for their fantasy team according to their performances over the course of the 2012 season.
- Each team submitted costs £10. There is no limit to the number of different teams any individual may submit for entry, but each team must be named uniquely.
- For the purposes of the 2012 Easton Cowboys Fantasy Cricket League, the cricketers have each been given a fantasy valuation of between £3Bn & £15Bn & classified as either a Batsman, All-Rounder, Wicket Keeper or Bowler. These classes & values will remain fixed for the duration of the 2012 season.
- Using a total budget of up to, but not exceeding, £100Bn, each team selected must contain 11 different cricketers with a minimum of 2 Batsmen, a minimum of 2 Bowlers, a minimum of 1 Wicket Keeper and no more than 5 All-Rounders. Selectors are not obliged to select themselves in any of their teams. Lucky Dip submissions are exempt from selecting according to these constraints & may specify a maximum of 5 preferred choices.
- From those 11 cricketers, one player in the team must be selected as the captain, who will score points according to performance at double the rate of the regular players, for as long as they remain in office. Lucky Dip teams may nominate a captain or have one selected randomly.
- The captain of each fantasy team is fixed in office for a weekend, but may, through notification on or before midnight each Thursday, be exchanged with a different member of the team for the following weekend. If no notification is received on or before the weekly deadline, the captain for the preceding weekend stays in office. Lucky Dip teams with no specified preferences have a weekly chance of mutiny before the deadline, in which case a new captain is elected randomly from the active team members to serve from the next weekend.
- Each team has the opportunity to make a maximum of 3 free transfers over the course of the 2012 season. Each transfer may be made individually or in combination with others, & involves the deactivation of one original player in exchange for a different player from the pool, not originally selected, at no additional cost, but the budget & selection criteria, as specified in 4. above, for the active players in the team must be maintained continuously. Free transfers may not be effected until Monday 11th June & no transfer may be made after Thursday 23rd August 2012. An additional maximum of 3 supplementary transfers per team may also be purchased if required, for use only after Monday 9th July. Payment must be received in advance of use & each supplementary transfer will cost £4, or a single payment of £10 buys a special rate bundle of 3 transfers. For a player to begin scoring in any given weekend match, notification of their transfer must be received at or before midnight of the preceding Thursday. Players new to the club or originally unlisted for any other reason will become available for transfer over the course of the season as soon as possible following their classification & valuation by the fantasy league administrators. Lucky Dip teams will have a weekly chance of submitting a random transfer request for any non-specified player for the duration of the transfer window & if any of their players becomes classified as incapacitated for the remainder of the season, or if they score 0 points or less on 6 successive weekends the submission will be made automatically. If the randomly selected replacement can be brought in within budgetary limits, the transfer is successful, if not, no transfer takes place. Explicit details on mutinies & Lucky Dip team transfer requests are in the Lucky Dip Appendix.
- Cricketers will score fantasy points only through performances in weekend North Somerset Cricket League fixtures; friendly matches & 20 over competitions are excluded. Scores will be calculated from data posted to the ecb play-cricket website, contained in the score books & from information provided by the weekend team captains, whose decisions will be final.
- Team selections may be submitted at any time, but to score points from any given weekend fixture a cricketer must be selected on or before the Thursday immediately preceding that weekend. Cricketers will start scoring points for their performances in the first weekend league fixture of the season & continue to score until the last fixture. Hence, to maximise scoring from the full season, submissions must be received no later than Thursday, 26th April 2012. Explicit details on the Lucky Dip team selection procedure are in the Lucky Dip Appendix.
- In order to avoid administrative overload over the few days before the start of the season, fantasy teams may be submitted on a provisional basis up until Thursday, 26th April 2012. Selectors will remain free to notify changes without penalty to their provisional teams until this date, at which point the team composition will be fixed until the first transfer opportunity.
- All communications relating to the fantasy cricket league should be directed to the dedicated email address: email@example.com. This includes initial team submissions, notifications of captaincy changes & of transfer executions, but also advice on availability, unlisted & newly available players & any queries or points of relevance to the game. Such communications may also be made directly to the fantasy league administrators in person, or in exceptional circumstances, to Dean at the Plough, or by phone, but the email address is always preferable as this ensures a documented record of the event.
- Fees for team subscriptions & supplementary transfers may be made in person to the league administrators or directly to the Treasurer, Dean Carter, currently available at The Plough on Monday, Thursday & Saturday evenings. Funds may alternatively be transferred directly into the Cowboys Cricket Club bank account: Santander Bank; A/C Name: Easton Cowboys Cricket Club; Sort Code: 09-01-50; A/C: 05093589. In such cases the action should be accompanied by a confirmation email to the dedicated address above specifying the date & amount of deposit. Please note: No team will begin scoring points until confirmation of payment has been received.
- The funds raised will be split equally between supporting the 2012 tournament & a fantasy league prize pot. Of the 50% revenue dedicated to the prize fund; 70% will be awarded to the owner of the fantasy team scoring the highest total of points throughout the season; 2nd place will receive 20% & 3rd place 10%. In the event of scores being tied for any of the prize winning positions, those positions will be resolved as follows: 1. The team whose mean total budget amounts to the lower value, calculated over the course of the whole season, shall finish ahead. If these resulting figures prove identical then: 2. The team which has used the fewer transfers over the season shall finish ahead, & if still identical then: 3. The team whose captains, combined over the season, score more points shall finish ahead. If these criteria fail to discriminate positions for the teams involved, the prizes for those positions will be combined & split equally.
- The league administrators are Justin Avery (01173789822) & Rob Taylor (07975803797). Their decision on any disputed matters arising will be absolute. Maintenance of the scores will be achieved principally by reference to the match data entered in the ecb website, but for certain events, namely the occurrence of Golden Ducks, Run Outs & Assists, Man of the Match elections, Team selections in cases of abandoned & cancelled matches & player no-shows it will be necessary to consult with weekend team captains, typically with reference to score books. The assistance, co-operation & vigilance of scorers & captains would therefore be greatly appreciated & indeed, will be essential for the smooth functioning of the fantasy league.
For more details, see Clarification of the Scoring Events