Our vision is to be an outstanding 6th form with a strong Oxbridge legacy and the first choice in our local community. The Richmond Park Academy 6th Form is known for its curriculum offer, its range of creative and enriching activities and its inspirational teaching. Our students develop skills for life, and a love of learning. They will leave Richmond Park Academy as young citizens, well prepared for higher education or the world of work.
We believe our 6th Form offers many benefits to our students:
- A safe and familiar education for young people - still only 16 years old - with staff who have cared for them pastorally and academically over the last five years
- A highly skilled and inspirational teaching body which is totally committed to 6th form provision for our students
- Teachers who can offer a wide range of A levels; all the ‘facilitating’ subjects, the arts, other humanities, sports, technology and vocational courses.
- A site footprint to house a 200-strong 6th form; a £10 million refurbished building with outstanding, state-of-the-art ICT provision
- Membership of the AET Family of Schools, who have extensive experience of running successful 6th forms.
What marks us out from other providers?
- The unanimous ambitions and aspirations of our staff and governors to become a centre of excellence and the school of choice for our community through:
- The outstanding quality of our teachers
- Our focus on creativity both in the curriculum and in our practice
- The breadth and personalisation of our provision
- Our genuine inclusiveness
- The strong relationships between staff and students
- Our commitment to ensuring our students leave school prepared for life, higher education and fulfilling employment opportunities
- Our pleasant site and our well equipped 6th form