- Beyond the Classroom: Empowering Girls Idea Book
- Classroom Management
- Financial Literacy
- Health Activities
- Life Skills and Leadership
- Small Business Feasibility Study
- Working with Youth
- Youth Camp
- Friends Tell Friends Handbook (English) (great resource with materials and activities on topics ranging from general and reproductive health, to HIV/AIDS, children's rights, safety, and general life skills)
- Friends Tell Friends Handbook (Thai)
- AIP Foundation Teachers Training Manual (Thai) - Road safety (including helmet use)
- Peace Corps Information Collection and Exchange - (ICE), a unit of the Office of Overseas Programming and Training Support (OPATS), makes available the strategies and technologies developed by Peace Corps Volunteers, their co-workers, and their counterparts to development organizations and workers who might find them useful.
Right to Play
Right to Play
- - R2P website and R2P Thailand Foundation)
- Life Skills Introduction (English)
- Life Skills Introduction (Thai)
- Developing Healthy Relationships (English)
- Developing Healthy Relationships (Thai)
- Managing Emotions (English)
- Managing Emotions (Thai)
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Appreciating Value of Self and Others
- Youth as Leaders Facilitator
- Youth as Leaders Workbook
Many PCVs can download electronic books through their library back home. But if you need things to add to your ebook reader, here are links to 'legal' sites to download PDFs and other ebook formats.
- BookBub.com: BookBub alerts you to limited-time free & discounted ebooks matching your interests. It's free to join, you can read on any device, and the books are yours to own.
- RiffleBooks.com: Riffle Select alerts you to limited-time free & deeply discounted ebooks matching your interests.
- eBookDaily.com: 1-day Free Kindle Book Deals... Every Day. eBookDaily emails you the best 1-day $0 Kindle book freebies, personalized for you every day. Each ebook is free for 1 day only.
- Open Culture - clearinghouse for free cultural and educational media (books, movies, courses, language study, K-12 resources)
- Project Gutenberg - still probably the biggest and best free site
- ManyBooks - 29,000 titles and counting
- Looking for a good T-shirt vendor in BKK?
- Take the BTS to Ratchathewi and head towards the bpratu nam (water gate), about a 10-15 minute walk. It's a big intersection with a bunch of malls, you can't miss it. On Petchaburi Soi 21 (which is across the street from IT City) there are a bunch of wholesale shirt shops, with pretty nice, and good quality shirts.
- T-shirt prices were: S - 50/M - 60/L - 65/XL - 75 and there were a variety of colors. There were also polos (nice ones, not thick and felt like cotton) and tank tops, but the picture I had of those prices got deleted. The shop that I went to also printed and charged 250 for a one color screen block, plus 15 per shirt (that price was dependent on the number of shirts printed, as they consulted a chart). I went to one of the first places I saw, it was called Indy Shop, and the shirt brand they had was called Forever. Here's their contact information from the card I got from them:
- Web site: www.indyt-shirt.com
- E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 090-010-0073, 090-010-0037, 081-443-0708