Categories are the individual subsections of Views that 1 or more templates can be attached to.
For example, a school might have 2 different observation forms depending on whether they are observing in an elementary or secondary school. A category in the view can be created called “Observation” and both templates can be added to this category.
Manage Views – All Categories
When creating the category, keep in mind how the form(s) you are attaching will be used. There are different category types that in some cases behave in a pre-set way.
Here are the currently available category types:
- Observation (this is the most common category, allowing an observer to create forms on either another person or anonymously)
- Summative (this category is used for evaluation systems to summarize data from observations into a final summative evaluation form)
- Improvement Plan (this category is used to create forms that allow a staff member to create and update their own improvement plan)
- Learning Plan (this category is used for an admin to create a plan that can be filled out collaboratively by an admin/coach and staff member)
- Self Assessment (this category allows staff to create forms in which they are the subject to self-evaluate)
- Portfolio (this category is used for forms that allow staff to upload artifacts and evidence related to their evaluation)
- Journal (this category is used to allow staff to keep improvement logs)
- Custom (this category is used for custom set-ups)