To to order literature online, please click the CORE button below. Due to Covid-19 precautions, in-person literature sales are not currently available through LA CoDA Intergroup. Below is a list of literature offered by CoDA. Pamphlets can be downloaded for free.
Codependents Anonymous, Book
- In-depth readings on recovery Steps and Traditions, our Fellowship, common questions, and personal stories from codependents.
Codependents Anonymous Pocket Edition, Book
- In-depth readings on recovery Steps and Traditions, our Fellowship and common questions, without the personal stories.
12 Steps and 12 Traditions, Workbook
- Takes the reader through the Steps & Traditions with a brief explanation followed by a series of questions. For individual or group study. Now spiral bound.
In This Moment Daily Meditation, Book
- Has a meditation for each day of the year, written by codependents for codependents.
Peeling the Onion, Booklet
- Characteristics of Codependents revisited. Codependents look at love, sex & relationship addiction and avoidance.
Tools for Recovery, Booklet
- Members share experience, strength & hope with different tools useful in their recovery.
Common Threads of Codependency, Booklet
- Codependents talk about codependency, recovery, relapse and authenticity.
Making Choices, Booklet
- Offers guidance in recognizing how to make choices that support our recovery. Explores healthy vs. codependent behaviors in various circumstances.
Carrying the Message, Booklet
- Practical examples of healthy service work essential to the continuation of any meeting and to CoDA as a whole. How to say “yes” to service work.
Building CoDA Community: Healthy Meetings Matter, Booklet
- Recommendations that contribute to safe, strong, healthy meetings.
12 Piece Relationship Toolkit, Booklet
- The purpose of this booklet is to serve as a companion to CoDA’s Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions Workbook in support of our Tradition Three, a desire for healthy and loving relationships.
Traditionally Speaking: Finding Solutions, Booklet
- This booklet expands our understanding of CoDA’s Twelve Traditions. Members share their experience in applying the spiritual principles of CoDA meetings and service work to improve all their relationships: in CoDA, at home, at work, and everywhere.
Newcomers Handbook, Handbook
- A detailed description of the CoDA program. Includes copies of key documents used in recovery and meetings. Now in booklet size for easier reading.
Sponsorship: What's In It For Me?, Handbook
- Addresses both sides of sponsorship. Explains why we need sponsors and identifies some of the personal benefits gained from sponsoring others.
12 Step Handbook, Handbook
- A detailed look at each of the Twelve Steps and how they apply to daily life.
Experiences with Crosstalk, Handbook
- Experience, strength, and hope on what crosstalk is and how some members deal with it. Useful for groups.
Information for Professionals, Pamphlet, click link to read*
- An introduction of Co-Dependents Anonymous for the Professional. Ideal for counselors, doctors, or other professionals working in the recovery field. Combined with “Your First Meeting” it makes excellent Outreach Material.
*These pamphlets are available from CoRe. They are provided here for one per person; for a teacher/counselor, copies for each of their clients. For meetings, copies can be made for handouts to newcomers, one per newcomer, but please note when printing in any quantity, they are less expensive to purchase through CoRe (www.corepublications.org) or from the LA CoDA Literature Committee. All items are copyrighted, and no changes may be made to the content.
- A pocket-size collection of positive affirmations for recovering codependents.A pocket-size booklet containing a collection of positive affirmations for recovering codependents.
- Set of four bookmarks including CoDA’s Steps, Traditions, Promises and Strengths.
- This is a collection of Prayers from Conference Approved Literature.
Fellowship Services Manual
- Free when downloaded from www.coda.org.
- Part 1 is intended for all members of CoDA, particularly those who intend to do service work.
- Part 2, the Meeting Handbook, is intended for those wanting to start or help run a meeting. It is recommended that all meetings have a copy of this part.
- Part 3 is intended for use by those currently or considering doing service at the levels between meetings and CoDA, Inc.
- Part 4 is intended for use by those currently or considering doing service at the CoDA, Inc. level. It is strongly recommended for all those who will be attending a CoDA Service Conference (CSC).
- Part 5 contains more detailed information related to the various service entities that exist at the CoDA Inc. service level, including the CoDA Board of Trustees, the various committees, other working groups and individual positions.
- The Glossary contains definitions of terms used in the FSM and is intended to be helpful to people who are not familiar with all our terminology.
CHIPS & MEDALLIONS
- Some meetings hand out chips & medallions to celebrate time in program. These colorful chips mark 1, 2, 3, 6, 9 months and newcomer arrivals.
- Some meetings hand out chips & medallions to celebrate time in program. These medallions mark yearly anniversaries.
- 13 CDs available. Can be used in place of lead shares for Speaker-style meetings. CoDA members share on the following topics:
- Personal Sharing on the Twelve Steps
- Codependency & Shame
- Newcomers & Sponsorship
- I Feel Like I've Come Home
- Turning Points
- Walking My Road of Happy Destiny
- How Empty of Me to Be So Full of You
- Hope For A New Day | I Thought I'd Be Happy As An Adult
- The Promises | A Pocket Full of Anger
- I Didn't Need Anyone Anymore | I Don't Surrender Easily
- The Greatest Gift | CoDA Is God’s Program | The Wildest Thing
- I Have a Family Today | Look Within | Women’s Issues
- Who’s Got My Soul | My Inner Child | Relationships and Intimacy
Group Service Representatives (GSRs) can restock on updated Meeting Lists and "Recovery from Codependency" pamphlets at the monthly LA CoDA Intergroup meeting at no charge.
It works if you work it, and you're worth it.