World Platform for
ecomuseums and community museums
We aim at connecting all national Ecomuseum and Community Museum networks, existing or to be established, and all other heritage and landscape NGOs, in a virtual and interactive space.
Our purpose is the production of a multilingual documentary and a bibliographic pool of resources on ecomuseology and its best practices.
It is the metaphore used by Gerard Corsane at the 2016 ICOM General Conference.
This platform resembles drops of water which join into rivers and, through rivers, meet the sea and reach the world.
“Network drop” can also indicate the hub of a computer network.
- “Coalition of Museums for Climate Justice” now has a blog and a Facebook Group >>read more
- The Museo Integral (Laguna Blanca, Catamarca, Argentina), has celebrated its 20 years the 26th of May. >>more information
- A new version of Educamuseu, an extremely fascinating site through Facebook, using Portuguese and Spanish languages, full of interesting news items about New Museology, was announced. >>more information
- La Ponte is an ecomuseum, managed by the local people, in which the heritage is institutionalised and the values of respect of the rural communities and their culture are transmitted. The ecomuseum works as a network, open to collaboration with other institutions. >>read more
- The long awaited book "L'écomusée, singulier et pluriel" by Hugues de Varine is now available. >>read more
- The Softpower Destinations Awards are here. Soft Power Destinations Awards - Nominations Closing Soon (May 15).
- Call for partners - Richiesta di partners for the project Underneath all skies - The ecomuseums role in the landscape planning (Sotto tutti i cieli - Il ruolo degli ecomusei nella pianificazione paesaggistica), promoted by / promosso dalla Rete degli ecomusei lombardi >>read more
- Pubblication A very interesting bilingual (Serbian and English) publication: the Yearbook coordinated and edited by Nikola Krstovic. >>read more
- News The Asociación de Mediadoras Culturales de Madrid - Amecum announces the 5th Meeting "Cultural Heritage And Social Innovation: Models and Tools for the Community Managements of Cultural Heritage". On 21st April in Madrid at Medialab-Prado and on 22nd April at Ecomuseo La Ponte (Villanueva de Santo Adriano, Astúrias). >>read more
- Italian Toolkit. Since in an ecomuseum project we can consider participation as a goal and not only a method, we would like to draw your attention to the Italian ecomuseums' tool kit. >>read more
- Register now at the first two EU training courses dedicated to Interpretation and Audience Development under the project "Learn to Engage." Deadline 30/06/2017 >>read more
- See all the news
- Send us news
What can you do?
This is a "not yet public" participatory website. You can modify texts (they are on google drive files), insert maps and video or other contents. We are using google drive files to easily migrate the shared materials to the official website www.ecomusei.eu . Try and enjoy (Ask first to the webmaster for permission).
What can we do together?
- Continuing to build a solid foundation for ecomuseums, based on sound research that links community/regional cultural needs/opportunities to ecomuseum strategies for public engagement and to measurable cultural outcomes (at various levels - impacts on individuals, groups/communities, local organizations, environmental systems resilience and more).
- Means a research, discussion and continuing education programme, the creation of linguistic zones, periodic Forums like the Milan one.
- it is fundamental to create a platform for capacity building, both for professionals and directors of ecomuseums, and for communities that are involved in ecomuseum projects. At the same time, the idea of propose the project in different geographical areas should be followed by a periodical check of the activities, or at least an exchange on the results of the educational projects.
- Fostering new ecomuseums, based on sound methods of community engagement, community visioning, strategies to add cultural value (culture in the broad sense of how people live their lives), measures of success and related feedback loops.
- Means a collaborative policy offering to all ecomuseum projects the help of colleagues of the same or of another country, a sort of coaching
- It is connected with the first remark, in the sense that the “coaching” could derive from educational projects, that could be developed in collaboration with ecomuseums of the same region/country/geographic area. The idea is interesting but there must be an efficient follow-up.
- Helping existing museums to incorporate the holistic approach of ecomuseums - thereby shifting the focus of traditional museums towards adaptations that will help repurpose and realign mainstream museums with the changing cultural needs of communities within our increasingly pluralistic, urban and globalized world.
- It would strumentalize ecomuseums and community museums as experience and methodology providers for all kind of official Heritage Institutions (museums, monuments, sites, nature parks, local associations) and a structural link with both ICOM, ICOMOS, UNESCO.
- It' strongly to encourage the idea that the ecomuseums can provide experience and methodology to the official institutions, maybe with the creation, once implemented the DROPS platform, of a publication under the aegis of ICOM or UNESCO, in order to give guidelines and to tell successful experiences in the ecomuseum field.
Perhaps there are other ways to imagine the range of tasks needed to create change within the museum world that will translate into positive cultural change within communities and human systems.
- The Drops Platform, which would become the operational communication tool for the other three goals.
- The DROPS platform as an operational tool of communication, as a “chest” in which the different subjects can deposit their “treasures” of knowledge.
Networks who joined us:
- Piedmont ecomuseums network (Italy)
- Lombardy ecomuseums network (Italy)
- Portuguese Network of Ecomuseums, Comunitary and Local Museums
- Saskatchewan Ecomuseum Network Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/saskecomusems
- Nubia Museum
- UPAMI - Universidad Nacional del Sur- Bahía Blanca- Argentina
- Turkish Network of Ecomuseums
Let fill the world of drops...
The Steering Committee of the Milan Cooperation Charter:
Raul Dal Santo (Italia)
Hugues de Varine (France)
Óscar Navajas Corral (España)
Karen Brown (Scotland)
Heloisa Helena Costa (Brasil)
Douglas Worts (Canada)
Kazuoki Ohara (Japan)
If you have any questions, please contact us at <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Francesca Pandolfi (Italia)
Filedelfja Musteqja (Italia)