Lyrics & Form assignment
Pop songs can be broken down into different sections. Usually, those sections follow the same order and structure. The order or structure of a song is called "form". Watch the video to understand the different elements of a song, and the form of most pop songs.
Try to define these terms as you watch the video:
Watch the lyrics video for Shawn Mendes' Stitches. Try to identify the verses, pre-chorus, choruses, and bridge.
Pop Song Form:
Most pop songs follow the same structure or form:
- Verse 1 - tells the story of the song
- Pre-chorus - building section, prepares listener for the chorus
- Chorus - the main part of the song, usually the song's name is in the chorus
- Verse 2 - continues the story of the song
- Bridge - different section that "bridges" to the final chorus
Click the form link below. Listen to a pop song, search the lyrics online and paste them in the form. Identify the verses, pre-chorus, chorus, and bridge sections. Label them in the form and submit when finished.