Working your Fingers!
Getting your fingers to do what your brain wants is sometimes a tough part of learning guitar. Today, we're going to train our fingers to move the correct way.
Watch this video and work on this finger agility exercise:
- Place fingers on the smallest string
- Using frets 1, 2, 3, and 4, place one finger down at a time and pluck the string
- Do this back and forth slowly with proper finger placement
Placing your fingers
Make sure to keep your finger in a straight line. The bottom picture here shows you what your fingers should look like from your playing position.
A few reminders:
- Keep your thumb on the back of the guitar neck
- Keep your wrist neutral
- Keep your fingers curved
- Press the strings with the tip of your fingers
We Will Rock You:
Work on this song for your second pick if you've already finished Mary Had a Little Lamb.