Dates: February 29, Mar 2-3, 2024
Chairs: Erlene Puleo, Donna Caleo, Michelle Macenroe, Karen Barnes
A competitive, in-house bonspiel, open to all Glengarries, to determine the women's club championship. Dress code is casual.
In 1950, Marjorie Foster, the first Glengarry President, donated a silver vase to the Glengarries (the second trophy donated to the women). The trophy went to the winning team and each member of the team received a pin in the shape of a Glengarry hat. For many years, the format was a challenge: a team would sign up to play the previous winner. The challenge went on all during the season, and the winner of the trophy was the team with the most wins during the season. The challenge was active until the 1980s when it became more difficult to find the time to compete for the trophy.
The trophy became a daytime competition for a number of years and for a short time it was a mixed event.
In 2003, the competition was reactivated. A teapot was donated by Peggy Rotton, and a base was crafted by Mr. Burnett, Mary Ellen Sofinski's father-in-law. The winning team was declared the women's Club Champion, and the names of the team members were engraved on the base of the trophy. In 2007, a silver bud vase and pins replicating the original trophy were donated by Enid Savett for the runners-up. The base for the trophy was crafted by Marge VanSlyke.