Daily Tasks/End of Shift Checklist
- Start AM Treatment Shift at 8am and send shift report
- Wash, dry, and fold laundry. Keep going throughout the day.
- Restock needles/syringes and medication in the front ward
- Check Shelterluv for vaccines that need to be updated.
- Go to SL and under the cog wheel go to ‘Tasks’
- Click ‘Vaccines’ and under ‘Location’ select ‘Parvo’
- Check the ‘Show Overdue Vaccines’ box.
- After giving the vaccines follow the steps to enter the vaccines on the dog’s profile (walkthrough under the ‘Intaking Dogs’ section).
- DAPP vaccines are listed separately as ‘Parvo’ and ‘Distemper’
- Flush catheters and check for swelling (below tape-too tight, above tape-blown)
- Complete to-do list from Vet
- (Re)place catheters
- Administer midday medications
- Force feed IV dogs that are very weak or <10lbs midday, twice midday if <5lbs
- Bathe out negative dogs
- Sweep and mop ward
- Start PM Treatment Shift at 7pm and send shift report
- PM Staff member: email the ‘Parvo EOD Report’ before leaving
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Parvo EOD (Date)
- New Intakes:
- Scheduled Bathe Outs:
- Planned Arrivals:
- Additional Information:
Down Time Tasks
Down Time Tasks
- Disinfect transport crates and move out of ward
- Clean kennels
- Organize ward and order inventory
- Wipe down shower curtains.
- Clean changing/bathing areas
- Get wet/dry food from truckport to restock ward
- Grab ordered supplies from Davenport
- Move deceased bodies out of ward
- Wash all dishes
- Take out trash
- Refill the 3 different spray bottles for each ward, plus a Trifectant one for the changing area.
- Make sure all pumps are running and all dogs have enough fluids to last 12 hours
- Make sure dogs that need heating pads (<5lbs or low temp) have them and are set to ‘Low’
- Put away medications in the correct location.
- Make sure all medical charts are filled out.
- Turn off the dryers
- Unplug any heaters
- Turn off the lights