Flip the Classroom with Forms
Wednesday, July 8 • 10:00am & 2:00pm
Teachers can address the demands of CCSS by flipping direct instruction and checking for understanding with adaptive assessment tools as homework, allowing class time to be spent on project based learning, and the CCSS focus on student collaboration. Participants will learn to embed instructional videos into Google Forms followed by adaptive assessment questions that can redirect students to reinstruction should they fail to demonstrate comprehension of the initial instruction. Participants in this session will also learn to automate feedback to students using mail merge
features in the Google Form Response Sheet. This session is appropriate for the intermediate Forms user.
In an effort to personalize and differentiate instruction, Google allows teachers to embed instruction directly in to a Google Form by way of a YouTube Video and then allow for independent practice as well as checking for understanding all in one form.
Click Here to View a Flipped Lesson embedded into Google Forms
Click Here to view a Flipped Lesson Response Form with AutoScore and Automated Feedback Features.
Step 1 - Build the Flipped Form
Below are some tips on items you might want to include when building your Google Form:
- Click Here for some slick tips and tricks to building custom forms
- Customize the Theme, Insert PageBreak, Validate Text Response, Insert Videos, Insert Images
Step 2 - Redirecting with Adaptive Test Building
Use the Links below to set-up an adaptive test:
- Click Here to learn how to Map an Adaptive Assessment.
- If a student gets a question wrong, re-direct them to more input.
- If a student gets a question wrong a second time, ask them in a a different manner to explain their thinking.
- Click Here to learn to build the Adaptive Assessment into a Google Form
Step 3 - Set up AutoScoring and AutoGenerated Feedback
1. Click here for directions to set up Flubaroo.
2. Build Form, (You can copy this form for practice) Launch Response Sheet
3. Take your own quiz to create answer key
4. Goto response sheet, click Add-on, Flubaroo> Advanced> Enable AutoGrade
5. Follow the step set up.
6. Launch quiz with participants
* A second way to automate feedback is to write your feedback into the spreadsheet, then mailmerge out your responses: