Building Google Sites as Collaborative Tools (90 Mins)
Participants will learn to create shared Google Sites to use collaboratively with their teaching team. During this session, members will build a site, adjust fonts and settings, create hyperlinks to shared Google Docs, Folders, etc. For those teams who need a place to organize their most frequently used shared tools, this session is a must!
- Collaboration is Messy!
- Google Sites are cheap, easy to find, collaborative
- Sandbox vs. Parent Website
Imagine the Possibilities
- Links to: Attendance, online referral, parent roster, school website, etc.
- Calendar Page with planning calendar and school calendar
- Notes from Team Meetings
- Shared Lesson and Unit Plan Folders
- Resource Links
- Data - Benchmark and Local Assessments
- Catch'all for a phone based form
- Launch Sites through the App Launcher
- Click Create
- Share with your team
- Click the Edit Pencil - Give the Home Page a fresh name - Click Save
- Click the sprocket and click Edit Site Layout
- Sidebar, Horizontal Navigation, etc.
Add Simple Content
- Title an area Common Links - then hyperlink useful links
- Title an area Planning Docs - then hyperlink common docs used by the team for planning
- Title an area Our Shared Resources - hyperlink a shared folder with common resources
- Change Themes
- Fonts and Colors
Embed a Drive File
- Notes Doc
- Roster Sheet
- Google Slides
CapCue Board Member
CUE Lead Learner
Google Certified Teacher