Lesson 6. BEING RESOURCEFUL
One who keeps striving
One who has persistent nature
One who takes self responsibility
He is an entrepreneur.
Udyam Shastra Chapter - 5, Verse 3
This activity aims at developing the ability to negotiate:
Negotiation: A conferring, discussing or bargaining to reach agreement.
Time Management: The ability to perform or get the work completed within stipulated period, manage to complete all planned activities at stipulated time.
Resource Management: To make use of all resources at an optimum level, avoiding wastage and produce best results efficiently.
Output: The work done or amount produced by a person, machine, production line, manufacturing plant, etc. especially over a given period.
Negotiation: The ability to strike a bargain to get maximum profit or best benefit to resources, minimize bad effects of problems.
Time Management: The ability to complete the task within the stipulated time. Ability to manage many things at a time and accomplished them all within time limits.
Resource Management: Optimum utilization of many resources (human/ non human) causing minimum wastage and making it least expensive.
Reporting: A formal or official presentation of facts or of the record of some proceedings.
Communicating: 1. The act of transmitting
2. a. A giving or exchanging of information, signals, or messages as by talk, gestures or writing.
b. the information, signals or message
Activity 1: I CAN DO IT
This activity is conducted in regular class room and not in E- Lab. Children should have a access to their own bags and should get a chance to go next class to borrow the essential things. Permit them to go out of class, as found suitable.
INSTRUCTIONS TO STUDENTS
Form groups as suggested by the teacher
Accept the pack of stationery materials provided by the teacher. Observe the contents of the pack.
You may not find everything you need in the pack.
You are allowed to take things from your own bags or borrow from others.
Keep in mind the limit for completion of the task.
Make cards using the given material of any size and any design for any occasion.
Make as many cards as possible.
At the end of the time limit display your creations.
Choose your best card by voting in groups and present it to the class.
Activity 2: HOW DID I DO IT
Let the students work in the same group as Activity 1. Ask them to recall their experience in Activity 1 and discuss to answer the questions in the worksheet.
INSTRUCTIONS TO STUDENTS
Form groups as same as formed in Activity 1.
Discuss the following questions among your friends and prepare a presentation based on your answers.
1. Number of cards made by us._______________________________________________________________
2. The wastage of material by us. Much / Not much/ Hardly Any ______________________________________
3. Make a list of the things used by you which were not provided. ____________________________________
4. How did you manage to get those things?____________________________________
5. Was it easy to get whatever you wanted from people?____________________________________
6. Have you said no for something you had but could not give?____________________________________
7. Did you like this activity?____________________________________
8. What did you like about it?____________________________________
9.How does it feel when you finish a difficult task?____________________________________