HGA Local Rule 2.2: Handicaps. Handicaps are established and used as needed on the HGA tour. The HGA Tour Handicap Committee sets all handicaps related to the HGA, including HGA Tour Events and the GIGG Tournament. The Handicap Committee sets policiy, establishes handicaps and reviews HGA handicap criteria and will be the governing body for all HGA Tour Handicaps. This committee of one has ultimate power related HGA Tour and GIGG Tournament Handicaps.
The HGA Tour Handicap Committee has established the following guidelines (subject to change) when selecting the HGA Handicap including:
- Average scores of previous HGA Tour Events
- Handicaps and average scores at your home course if available
- A players current perceived “trend” as defined by the committee
- How nice a player is to the HGA Tour Handicap Committee member
- Previous financial settlements between the player and the HGA Tour Handicap Committee Member
The GIGG Tournament Handicap is also governed by the HGA Tour Handicap Committee and has established the following guidelines when establishing the GIGG Tournament Handicap:
- Average scores of the current GIGG Tournament Event
- Totals dollars won during the current GIGG Tournament
The HGA Tour Handicap Committee has no process to challenge the HGA Tour or GIGG Tournament Handicap. Handicap Committee meeting tapes and minutes are shredded, burned and buried. Please send all grievances to:
Whiners and Criers Lane
The HGA Tour Handicap Committee does not accept cash bribes, but other less obvious forms of bribery may be accepted. Give generously as most HGA Tour players are familiar with this practice.