Rules for Responsible Internet use
Rules for Responsible Internet Use - keeping yourself safe online!
We use the school computers and Internet connection for learning. These rules will help us to be fair to others and keep everyone safe.
- I will only use the computers or access the internet with permission from an adult.
- I will ask permission before entering any website, unless my teacher has already approved that site.
- I will not look at or delete other people’s files.
- I will not bring USB drives into school without permission.
- I will only e-mail people I know, or my teacher has approved and the messages I send will be polite and sensible.
- I will not give out my home address or phone number, email address or arrange to meet someone.
- I will not open emails or attachments from people I do not know.
- If I see anything I am unhappy with or I receive messages I do not like, I will tell a teacher immediately.
- I understand the school may check my computer files and will monitor the Internet sites I visit.
- I will respect the computer equipment.
- I understand that if I deliberately break these rules, I could be stopped from using the Internet or computers.