Timetable for Admissions Appeals (28 February 2014)
Academies Enterprise Trust is the admission authority for this academy.
The Academy will adhere to the following timetable in regard to appeal hearings:
- Academy to notify parents that their application was unsuccessful;
- Parents to be allowed 20 school days from the date of this notification to prepare and lodge their written appeal;
- Academy to set appeal hearing date following receipt of appeal - at least 10 school days notice should be given. This date should include reasonable deadlines for appellant to submit additional evidence, for admission authorities to submit their evidence and for the clerk to send appeal papers to all parties;
- Academy to ensure decision letters following the appeal hearing are sent to appellant within 5 school days of the date of the hearing.
Appeals lodged by the appropriate deadlines are heard within the following timescales:
- For applications made in the normal admissions round, appeals must be heard within 40 school days of the deadline for lodging appeals;
- For late applications, appeals should be heard within 40 school days from the deadline for lodging appeals where possible, or within 30 school days of the appeal being lodged;
- For applications to sixth forms:
- Where the offer of a place would have been conditional upon exam results, appeals must be heard within 30 school days of confirmation of those results;
- Where the offer of a place would not have been conditional upon exam results, appeals must be heard within 40 school days of the deadline for lodging appeals;
- For applications for in-year admissions, appeals must be heard within 30 school days of the appeal being lodged.
Appeals submitted after the appropriate deadline must still be heard, in accordance with whatever timescale is set out in the timetable published by the admission authority.
For further information please see The School Admission Appeals Code: https://drive.google.com/a/academiesenterprisetrust.org/?tab=mo#folders/0B-s5NSfIlskoX014djZ2WDRRLWc
 Under the School Admissions (Admission Arrangements and Co-ordination of Admission Arrangements) (England) Regulations 2012 an application is made in the ‘normal admissions round’ if it is not a ‘late application’ or an ‘in-year application’: see footnotes 2 and 3.
 An application is a ‘late’ application if it is for the admission of a child to a relevant age group; it is submitted before the first day of the school term of the admission year; and a determination relating to the application is not made by an authority on or before the offer date. The ‘relevant age group’ is the age group at which pupils are or will normally be admitted to the school e.g. reception or year 7 (Section 142 of the School Standards and Framework Act 1998).
 An application is an ‘in-year’ application if it is for the admission of a child to a relevant age group and it is submitted on or after the first day of the first school term of the admission year, or it is for the admission of a child to an age group other than a relevant age group.