"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world."
- Nelson Mandela
In 2018 Aylward Academy Sixth Form received an OUTSTANDING score of ALPS 2 ranking in the TOP 5% of schools NATIONALLY and BEST PROGRESS SCORE IN ENFIELD.
Aylward Academy SIXTH FORM
We aim to be a diverse and inclusive Sixth Form that ensures each of our students reach their full potential.
We believe all of our Sixth Form students must become independent learners. They must have a positive ‘can do’ attitude and genuinely demonstrate the passion and resilience needed to succeed.
We have high expectations that our students will respect their peers, teachers and members of the public to create both a positive working environment within the school but also to give a good account of themselves outside of the school. Our Sixth Form students are positive role models to the younger students within the Academy and we strongly believe that they should play an active role in supporting the Academy in striving for excellence.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
At Aylward's Sixth Form we will:
- Provide you with high quality teaching and resources that will give you the platform to excel
- Provide you with excellent support for attaining your employment, training and further education aspirations
- Provide you with several off-site visits to ensure you are well equipped to make informed decisions on your future
- Provide you with a wide range of volunteering and work experience opportunities
- Provide you with a safe and secure learning environment with the support of a highly experienced and approachable wellbeing team to ensure we are able to cater to individual needs and issues you may have both in and outside of school.
THE SIXTH FORM TEAM
Head of Sixth Form
Director of Learning
Sixth Form Progress Leader
Operational Lead for Employability
Sixth Form Administrator
Head of Hub Curriculum
Business Studies & Economics Teacher