This page will offer you help in discovering ways to complete the assignment - I will try to continually update this site during the project -
All students must take their notes in a google doc. This document is graded.
Title your google doc "Your first name last name Latin America Assignment" (Ex = Christopher Hull Latin America Assignment)
You will have several weeks in class or at home to research for this project - Latin America Assignment - Presentations begin 12.02
I offer a few suggestions for where to find information but part of this project is for you to learn how to research.
More helpful sites are located at the very bottom of this page - if you find a helpful site please share so I may add your discovery with your classmates.
You must write a bibliographic citation for ALL SITES you use during your research.
Grammar DOES count in both the presentation and the research document- so the more effort you put into the research the easier this assignment will be.
Organization is the key to this assignment. You MUST set up the Google Doc properly. Each question must be numbered.
Each student must create a research document. Each group can share a presentation.
Introduction Questions (Research Document):
1. Where do you want to travel to in Latin America?
2. What is your destinations absolute location?
3. What is your destinations relative location?
4. When do you want to travel to your location? (You may pick any date - past or present) and how long do you want to travel for?
5. What is the average weather of your destination during this time of year? (Look at the average temperature and how often it rains during this time of year)
6. What type of clothes would you want to wear during this average weather?
7. What will your transportation be to your destination? In other words, how are you going to get to your destination? (Plane? Train? Automobile?)
Creativity is encouraged but remember you have to keep track of all details - part of this project is to keep track of all your costs.
***Before continuing you must finish all primary questions first
***You must show Mr. Hull your primary questions before continuing (if you are working in class - at home you may continue)
Secondary Questions (Research Document):
8. What is a traditional meal for your destination?
*Try to locate and find a restaurant in your destination - this is extremely difficult but try your best - if you are unable to find one please just list any restaurant you found in your destination.
9. Where will you stay during your trip? Find the hotel room you would want. Be sure to include the cost and possibly a photograph.Remember you have to explain and keep track of all costs.
10. How will you travel around during your trip? Will you use a car? Find transportation - take a screen shot.
Tourist Location Questions (Research Document):
***Before continuing you must check your answers with Mr. Hull (if you are working in class - at home you may continue)
Discount Double Check: Go back and double check the questions above - did you explain all your answers? Did you provide details? Did you answer in more than one word? Did you include prices?
***You will be deciding on your tourist locations for your trip. These could be museums, historical sights, shops (for shopping), dance studios, famous buildings, theatre, music venues, athletic sites or stadiums, or much more. You must have a minimum of 5 unless Mr. Hull approves a different number.
11. History background - provide brief description of important information regarding your destination and its history. Must be in paragraph form. You could list cool facts as a bonus.
12. What is the 1st tourist site you would like to visit? In a paragraph write the information answering the information in bullets
13. What is the 2nd tourist site you would like to visit? In a paragraph write the information answering the information in bullets
14. What is the 3rd tourist site you would like to visit? Answer the same questions from above in paragraph form.
See me after completing your third tourist site (if you are working in class - at home you may continue)
15. What is the 4th tourist site you would like to visit? Answer the same questions from above in paragraph form.
16. What is the 5th tourist site you would like to visit? Answer the same questions from above in paragraph form.
You may write additional tourist sites if you want - remember 5 is the minimum.
17. Write an explanation of your trip - explain why you made the choices you did.
18. Write a review of the project - what was good? Bad? Explain improvements.
19. What productivity grade do you deserve for this project? Prove your answer
Edit your work in the google doc research document-
If you are creative on your transportation or any question remember you have to explain and keep track of all costs.
Final Step (Presentation):
You have to options for creating your presentation.
In Class: Create a Haiku deck with your screen shots.
At Home: Create a Google Presentation using the links from your document.
Each slide should have 13 words or less!
Bonus Opportunity for Rec Points:
Explaining what will be graded:
Below is the grading sheet I use -
Total Points: 150 points
Student Name: _____________________________ Period: _______
Work Partners: _______________________________________________________________
(Destination, Absolute Location, Relative Location, Dates, Climate, Clothes, Transportation, Meal, Hotel, Transportation)
(Explanation, Review, Reflection)
***Additional questions may need to be researched to complete your project. Also, I may add helpful questions to this list so check back.
Need ideas of where to travel to? Check out these sites:
Helpful Sites for Researching Latin America
For Latin America Travel Ideas:
1. http://www.geographia.com/indx05.htm - site includes brief background information on several possible destinations - more informative
2. Other Travel Ideas - check out these sites: