To submit a question either email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or write the question on the Question Board in class answers will be posted here on the website after proper research
2015.2016 Student Questions
2014.2015 Student Questions
2013.2014 Student Questions
2012.2013 Student Questions
1. What is your 5th favorite color? My favorite color is purple, 2nd black, 3rd green, 4th blue, 5th silver
2. What is your shoe size? 15
3. How tall were you in 7th grade? 5 foot 1 inch tall
4. Did Charlie bite your finger? No
5. How old are you? 29 as of 09.10.12
6. When is your birthday? 04.30.83
7. What is your favorite ice cream flavor? Chocolate chip cookie dough with oreo crumbs
8. What is your least favorite country? I have no ill will towards any country.
9. Where is your favorite place to travel to? Anywhere with my wife. But I love Vermont. I enjoy traveling to the different MLB stadiums to watch the Cubs play too.
10. I am the coolest person ever? Everyone should believe they are the coolest person ever.
11. One Direction or Justin Beiber? Totally depends on the criteria in which they are being judged but both have strengths and weaknesses depending on the categories being evaluated.
12. Are 7th graders allowed to play with 8th graders in the soccer game? No.
13. Why is One Direction so attractive? Attractiveness is very individual - each individual finds other individuals attractive - One Direction is a group a that appeals to many individuals who listen to their music and are in their age range.
14. Why do you love the color purple so much? Purple is amazing, beautiful, and legit super cool.
15. Why is Harry Styles hair so curly? Either genetics or hair products - depending on who you consult.
16. What is the magic word? Depends on the language and situation - many consider the magic word to be please.
17. Is 3rd period class best? All classes are the best during their period.
18. When is the sun going to die? Please consult this website for an accurate answer here.
19. Are pandas dangerous? Pandas are protective creatures who are territorial. They will defend themselves, their young, and their land.
20. Why are dinosaurs extinct? There are many theories and hypothesizes but no unchallenged answer. Scientist continue to explore and attempt to answer this question
21. Is JK your favorite student? All my students are my favorite.
22. Who is your favorite person in One Direction? They are all tied.
23. Do you know the muffinman? Yes, my nickname is the muffinman. So I know myself only a little bit.
24. Who let the dogs out? It depends on whose dog - but every dog owner eventually lets their dog out.
25. What is your fastest mile? In college I ran a 5:03 mile. Now I would run approximately 6:30.
26. What is your favorite sport? I enjoy playing basketball the most. But I also enjoy tennis, golf, baseball, football, soccer, and really any sport not in a water. I enjoy watching baseball and football the most - with basketball a close next.
27. What sport did you play when you were a child? Basketball, soccer, football, tennis, golf, baseball, rollerblade hockey.
28. How many tattoos do you have? And their location? 3. Rib cage, shoulder blade, wrist.
29. Favorite ice cream flavor? Moose tracks with cookie dough.
30. What is your favorite Chicago team? Cubs, Bears, Bulls, Blackhawks - then my father is a Sox fan so I would guess them.
31. Are Danielle and Jennifer your favorite people ever? They are tied with a few others.
32. How did you and your wife meet? My wife worked at Elm Place as a teaching assistant. She was a teaching assistant in my 7th period class a few years ago. After she took a job at another school we started to date and the rest is history.
33. Do you know who Prince Bapalapashamalamadingdong is? The Suite Life of Zac and Cody
34. What is your opinion of Cujo? As a child the dog was a scary creature in a movie. Now he is a memory from my childhood.
35. Who is on your fantasy team? I have 3 fantasy teams: On Projected Muffinmen: RG3, J. Charles, Sproles, Harvin, Lloyd, Colston, J. Graham - on Public Muffinmen: Ryan, AP, MJD, Julio, Nicks, Spiller, Witten - on Muffinmen: Brady, J. Charles, Hunter, Bowe, Amendola, Graham, Gronk
36. Gronk or Graham? Graham 100%.
37. Kim, Kourtney, or Kloe? Kim.
38. Hannah Montana or Miley Cyrus? Miley.
39. What was your favorite subject in school when you were in 7th grade? Gym was first - then math or social studies - my favorite teacher was my math and English teachers.
40. Spongebob, Mr. Krabs or Patrick? Easy choice: Patrick.
41. Who is your favorite Disney Princess? Rapunzel.
42. Favorite movie between Robinsons, Finding Nemo, Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs? Finding Nemo.
43. What is your favorite period to teach? My favorite number is 9.
44. Hunger Games or Divergent? Divergent
45. Is student X cool? I believe everyone is cool in their own way.
46. What is your second favorite color? Black
47. What is your favorite section to teach in social studies? Perspective and critical thinking.
48. Why do people call you the Muffinman? Ask me in June.
49. Would you want a purple ferrari or purple limo? Purple Ferrari
50. How do you spell orange? Really good Mean Girl joke.
51. Would you rather a purple parrot or purple wife? My wife is perfect as is.
52. What is the riskiest thing you have ever done? See Muffinman story in June.
53. How will the election turn out? I believe it will be close election that will be determined by voter turnout.
54. Do you want to be president? No. I would prefer to be invisible.
55. What is your favorite type of dinosaur? I do not know my favorite type of dinosaur - maybe the velociraptor - but my favorite type of penguin is the jackass penguin.
56. What is your favorite type of cheese? Goat cheese.
57. What is your favorite month? I enjoy August and October.
58. What is your favorite video game? NES Tecmo Bowl or Original Mario Bros - current games would include Madden.
59. In the first episode of Pretty Little Liars why does Ariel order a cheeseburger if she is a vegetarian? She was not a vegetarian until later in the season - she was experimenting with identity at the time of the first episode.
60. Emily or Danielle? Yes.
61. What is your favorite number? 9
62. Sydney or Jennifer? Yes.
63. Why do you have this question board? To allow the opportunity for students to ask questions - it is important to foster and develop the inquisitive mindset of questions.
64. What is the meaning of life? To seek an answer that never can be understood to the best of your ability.
65. What are your favorite names? Carter, Colin, Avery, Olivia, Kelsy, Kaylee to name just a few in no particular order.
66. Andy Chaet vs Shayna Rudman? In this ultimate test of the titans these two juggernauts would battle til the end and in a cloud of dust both would be knocked down attempting to rise to claim victory - until neither is able to ascend to their feet!
67. What is your name? Christopher Gailen Hull
68. Favorite word? My favorite word to write in cursive is minimum.
69. Favorite fruit? Strawberries yum. Or rasberries yum. Or pineapple yum. Or Honey Crisp apples yum.
70. Favorite type of plant? Cactus or oak tree
71. Who wants to be the very best that no one ever was? http://www.youtube.com/embed/pKofewfeSoY
72. Do you like kumqats? Yes.
73. Yes or No? Depends.
74. Spongebob or Patrick? Patrick
75. Family Guy, American Dad, or Cleveland Show? Family Guy.
76. Is Steeve cool? Yes. Very.
77. What is your favorite iPad Game? Scramble.
78. Why are apartments called apartments if they are stuck together? Some state "Because one renter's living quarters are separate, or apart from, the next renter's living quarters. Apart is not a suffix so that means that if you see it in a word it doesn't mean all the time that the word is apart from "meaning."
79. What is my phone password (D. Walder)? 9999
80. How are you salty or sweet? Umm no response.
81. Do you like Justin Beiber? I respect his fame, wealth, and musical achievements - plus his favorite color mimics mine.
82. What is your favorite insect? Butterflies.
83. What is a rainbow? The display of the colors of the spectrum produced by dispersion of light often caused during light rain.
84. Do you like your sister? Yes.
85. Is it normal to like Danielle so much? Nothing is truly normal - be true to yourself.
86. Why are pounds abbreviated lbs? lb is actually an abbreviation of the Latin word libra, which could mean a pound, itself a shortened form of the full expression, libra pondo, “pound weight” to read more check out this site
87. Thoughts on Haylor? Haylor refers to the relationship of Harry Styles and Taylor Swift - I am happy about their recent break up and in my humble opinion believe Taylor Swift needs time alone to figure out who she is individually before she embarks on any future relationships.
88. What do you like about Jennifer? She is in my advisory.
89. Who is your favorite actress? Natalie Portman
90. What is your favorite food? This is a difficult question - I like lots of food - I like to try exotic food as well as having several favorite meals. But if I had to choose just one - pizza.
91. Why do you not laugh? I smirk in amusement.
92. Do you like to disable student phones? Yes.
93. What is Victoria Secret? A store that sells ladies undergarments.
94. What is the R-rated version of Goon? Refers to street level gun runners - or those who service higher level thugs.
95. Who will win the Super Bowl as of 01.16? The New England Patriots.
96. Why are you so cool? I am not cool - not even close to being cool.
97. Why are you so tall? Genes.
98. Why is 9 your favorite number? There are many reasons it is my favorite number. I have liked the number since I was a child. It usually was my basketball and soccer number in house league.
99. At what degree does skin become flammable? Over 100 degrees F.
100. If you fail your PC site is there extra credit? No.
101. Are you going to have a yes day? No.
102. Are you going to have a no day? No.
103. Do I understand math? I do to a point.
104. How did the Rwandan Genocide end after 100 days? An African coalition and Tutsi rebel force ended the genocide.
105. Can we have a knife game competition? No.
106. Hello? Goodbye.
107. Who was your favorite 8th grade basketball player. Jeremy Allen - is tied with all his teammates.
108. Are flexible? Not at all. It is sad and pathetic how NOT flexible I am.
109. Can you do the knife challenge? Very slowly I can.
110. Tacos or burritos? Tacos.
111. Will Tyrion ever become king? While the series of books or plot has not been completed I would predict no.
112. Can you make a fishy face? I can but do not believe I will.
113. What is the most obscure language? There are dead languages -meaning they no longer are spoken. But the most obscure language still in existence recently inspired this news story about Ayapenco, an indigenous language found in Mexico only has 2 speakers left - and they refuse to speak to each other. Check out the story here.
114. Do you want to teach our grade of students again (7th grader)? No
115. What is your favorite animal? To look at: penguin or panda bear.
116. Are Ari and Katie your favorite students? Or Gillian? No
117. Do you know the knife game song? No
2011.2012 Student Questions
To submit a question either email me at email@example.com or write the question on the Question Board in class answers will be posted here on the website after proper research
1. If an alpaca has brown eyes and semi-tan fur does it have a greater chance to complete a standing-backflip-roundoff in the year 3609 if it is still living? If the alpaca is able to survive 1600+ years science will have advanced far enough to ensure it can do any gymnastic routine.
2. Who is Sherwin Konik? He is apart of the Advertising Specialty Institute in Skokie IL
3. How many eyes do you have? Two.
4. If is a pig is 3 cm2 and you have 500 yards elevated 2 ft how many pigs can fit? 30,480 pigs could fit.
5. What is the largest dog in the world? And how much does it weigh? Hercules is an English Mastiff and has a 38 inch neck and weighs 282 pounds.http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/dogs/ss/Worlds-Biggest-Dog.htm
6. What is your favorite cheeseburger? Double cheeseburger with pepperjack cheese, pineapple, BBQ, lettuce, tomato, and avocado.
7. How many holes does Spongebob have? I counted 40 holes - but he has as many as the artist draws for him.
8. If purple was not a color what would your favorite color be? Blue
9. How many freckles do you have? 999
10. If barbie is so popular... Why do you have to buy her friends? Because her friends fear Barbie's confidence and demeanor.
11. In the book of life are the answers in the back? The book of life is like a choose your own adventure book - each individual's life is shaped by their decisions.
12. Is hokey pokey really what it's all about? Unfortunately that is dependent upon the choices each individual makes - finding happiness is not a bad path.
13. Why are apartments called apartments when they are all together? Origin of the word apartment
14. Do you like plums? Yes.
15. What is your favorite state? Illinois, Hawaii, or Vermont
16. What is your favorite song? Then.
17. What was the first daily problem question ever for you Mr. Hull? Copy definition of genocide: the systematic and deliberate extermination of a national, racial, or cultural group What do you know about Darfur?
18. Who asked the first question board question ever in Mr. Hull's room? Lauren Stoliar
19. What were the first words you spoke at Elm Place? "Yes, I am tall."
20. What does water taste like? A cool refreshing beverage.
21. Why do you think you are heavy? I weigh 240 lbs.
22. Why are you nice? I am not.
23. Would you ever dye your hair purple? I have.
24. Do you like Justin Bieber? Yes.
25. Is Jasmine really awesome? Yes.
26. Why is Steph awesome? She is funny, friendly and intelligent.
27. Where is Mr. Hull? Here
28. Do you know who Emily is? I know some Emily's but not all Emily's.
29. Who is your favorite athlete? I enjoy following several athletes. My favorite Bull = DRose. Favorite Bear = Jay Cutler. Favorite Blackhawk = Kane. Favorite Cub = Castro. Favorite NFL Player = Brees and Brady. NBA Player = Durant.
30. Why are pigs pink?
31. Is social studies your favorite subject? I enjoy critical thinking and solving problems - but in terms of academic subjects yes.
32. What was your most memorable sports memory from TV? Michael Jordan 6 Championships.
33. Why do superheroes wear their underwear on the outside? Superheroes have the powers beyond the normal - they are simply super. This dichotomy is illustrated often visually by the suspension of belief and the inverse of what is expected: underwear underneath clothing becomes underwear on top of clothing.
34. Is a gold fork considered silverware? Yes, silverware refers to the utensils used to eat.
35. Is student A obsessed with student B? At times there is obsession amongst us all.
36. Is student A cool? All students are cool.
37. Is student A cooler than student B? No student is cooler than another to all others.
38. What happened to the big bad wolf? As with all living creatures a time comes when they no longer are alive with us.
39. What would you do for a Klondike bar? Nothing I do not like Klondike bars.
40. Have you ever found diamonds in Minecraft? No
41. Have you ever nyaned? No.
42. How much woodchuck can a woodchuck? As much as he wanted to.
43. Violence is not the question it is instead the answer - what is the question? No question has only one answer - instead violence is the answer to several different questions.
44. Chuck Norris vs Rezzy? Norris.
45. Is Rezzy your favorite student? No.
46. What is the best Jeremy Lin pun? Linsanity
47. What is the best Rezzy pun you have heard? Rezzy-who?
48. Can you teach me how to Rezzy? Impossible to learn you are born with it.
49. Can you teach me how to Dougie? 6'7'' people cannot dance.
50. What is the best Rezzy moment? Say what? It has not happened yet because it will only get better.
51. What is greater Rezzy mania or Linsanity? Linsanity.
52. What is beater Tebow mania or Linsanity? Linsanity.
53. When was the name Rezzy created? Depends on which Rezzy.
54. How is salami kosher? Salami can be kosher - kosher is a type of food preparation.
55. How many nicknames does Rezzy have? As many as you can create.
56. Is this marker Rezzy? The marker is red not Rezzy.
57. Why does Elm Place use letter days instead of number days? Letter days are easier than numbers because of the dates use of numbers and the use of numbers for the periods.
58. Who would win a rap battle between Tebow and Jeremy Lin? Tebow.
59. Shoots or ladders who wins Rezzy or Tebow? Tebow.
60. How long does it take to defeat the dragon at the end of Minecraft? Depends on the skill level of the player - those with high level skill can defeat the dragon quickly, whereas, a novis or nube is going to take a long long time - maybe even never defeating this dragon.
61. What is the origins of AIDS? Researching
62. What is the highest number? See previous years answer.
63. If artist brag about being criminals why do they care about people stealing their music? These artist seek to gain wealth - through crime or through lyrics and song therefore they are upset by anything that takes away from their money making opportunities.
64. What theme song begins "I wanna be the very best, they no one ever was?" Pokemon.
65. Training children to fight is legal or illegal? This depends on the country.
66. What sandwich has a lot of puns ?
The knuckle sandwich
67. What is gum made of? The site http://recipes.howstuffworks.com/question86.htm has more information
68. Do you edit papers for fun? Totally - no!
69. Are you a robot that makes waffles? No. I do make waffles though.
70. What is Rezzy's middle name? Morris.
72. Who would win in a staring contest Mr. Hull or the sun? Stupidity would win.
73. Why are flies called 'flies' if other animals can fly?
74. Have you seen this question before? Depends on the question and what I have seen
75. In Britain, do door knobs turn the other way? No.
76. Are you a chef robot? No I am not a chef.
77. Why is a person who plays the piano called a pianist but a person who drives a race car not a racist?
78. Could you tie yourself to the South Pole and live for a week? If you built a house around the pole first.
79. What are 10 of your favorite movies?
In no particular order:
80. Why are goods that travel by boat called 'cargo' and goods that travel by car called 'shipments'?
81. Why do they not sell hot dogs at McDonalds? The making of hot dogs is not easy with their current equipment. Therefore, the additional space required for the production of these was not spatially efficient. Several locations have experimented with the production of hot dogs but it has never made the national menu. Several franchises do currently sell hot dogs. Ray Crock opposed the inclusion of hot dogs.
82. How does killing create a utopia? It eliminates any individual opposition to the ideas being advanced by the political system.
83. How many bricks are in the room? Answered in a previous year.
84. Are you Jack Black? My name is not Jack - nor am I black.
2010.2011 Student Questions
To submit a question either email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or write the question on the Question Board in class answers will be posted here on the website after proper research
1. Where is Tupac? Afeni Shakur states that she buried Tupac's ashes on her farm in Lumberton, North Carolina
2. Where is your purple car? The car is currently missing - I do not know where it is
3. How do the body scanners in the airport work? http://science.howstuffworks.com/transport/flight/modern/airport-security9.htm
4. What is the Jewish population in Highland Park IL?
5. Did you ever dunk over someone in college? Several
6. Who is the muffinman? Now, after several years I may admit it is me
7. Have you heard of Gilly on SNL? Now I have and have seen several of the clips
8. Can you see Russia from the northwestern part of Alaska? No not without a telescope
9. What do tigers dream of when they take a tiger snooze? Mauling zebras
10. What would happen if there was no gravity? The earth would not be able to orbit around the sun - nor would any planets hold orbit - therefore we would no longer exist to answer this question
11. Why is the world round? Planets need to be round to enable them to orbit stars -
12. What is the funniest joke Mr. Hull has told? Mr. Hull does not have any funny jokes - therefore, his best joke is a bad joke
13. What is the funniest video Mr. Hull has shown? I will play the video before the end of the year -
14. Why is there a New Jersey when there has never been a Old Jersey?
15. If there were no planets where would you live? No where - we would not exist without planets
16. How do bears hibernate for the entire winter? They store fat and use that as they sleep
19. Why is your favorite color purple? My father brought me to Northwestern Wildcat games when I was a young child. I liked purple. I received sick kicks in the color of purple. I liked purple. I liked being different and in high school purple was cool to like in my mind. I like grading in purple. I like purple
20. When are you getting married? The date is July 9th 2011
21. What are you being for Halloween at school? Outside of school? At school Cook - outside of school unknown
22. How big is the universe in inches? The answer cannot be determined
23. Is Chipotle still owned by McDonalds? McDonalds no longer owns Chipotle
24. Before this terrible this loss versus the Redskins what was their historical record? The historical record is 24-24-1
25. Did Madison spell her name wrong on the capital test for Wisconsin? No.
26. Why do you not wear purple every day? I wear purple every Friday - I do not own only purple clothes -
27. Are you wearing purple on your wedding? Yes
28. What is Mr. Hull's middle name? Gailen
29. When is Mr. Hull's birthday? 04/30
30. What is Mr. Hull's last name? Hull
31. Who is cooler Amy or Mandi? Neither
32. Why is Daniella so weird? The question board is not a place for bullying - next person to be mean comes in for a tea party at 7am. Daniella is cool a person!
33. Is Tyler hair dirty blonde or brown? Depends on the season.
34. Is Daniella going to turn into a taco? Only if she is killed and chopped up like a pig because the mafia wants to hide her body.
35. When will we meet your fiance? Never
36. Where is Fez from? The home country is never revealed on the television show "That 70s Show" however it is a foreign island with Dutch and British ties.
37. What is the Geico creature? The creature is known as the Geico Gecko
38. Why are some of the questions not on the site even though they are not on the question board in the classroom? Sometimes I lose the post it notes where I write the question - I am sorry for this.
39. What are the telletuby names and colors? *Answer from Wikipedia
Tinky Winky (played by Dave Thompson, Mark Heenehan, and Simon Shelton) is the first Teletubby. He is the largest of the Teletubbies, is covered in purple terrycloth, and has a triangular antenna on his head. He is notable for the red luggage (described by the show as a "magic bag", but often described by other media as a handbag) he always carries. His character has caused controversy due to allegations that his character's behavior, bag and body colour have homosexual qualities (see below).
Dipsy (played by John Simmit) is the second Teletubby. He is green and is named "Dipsy" because his antenna resembles a dipstick. He likes his black and white furry top hat, which he once lost. Laa-Laa found it, but instead of simply returning Dipsy's hat to the stricken Dipsy, she ran around it for about ten minutes shouting "Dipsy Hat! Dipsy Hat!". He is the most stubborn of the Teletubbies, and will sometimes refuse to go along with the other Teletubbies' group opinion. His face is also notably darker than the rest of the Teletubbies, and the creators have stated that he is Black.
Laa-Laa (played by Nikky Smedley) is the third Teletubby. She is yellow, and has a curly antenna. She likes to sing and dance, and is often seen to look out for the other Teletubbies. Her favourite thing is a bouncy, orange ball, which is almost as big as she is.
Po (played by Pui Fan Lee) is the fourth and last Teletubby. She is the smallest and youngest of the Teletubbies, is red, and has an antenna shaped like a stick used for blowing soap bubbles. Her favourite object is her scooter, which she calls "scoota" (she also calls it "Po 'cooter!", or just "cooter"). Po can sometimes be mischievous and naughty, as when she disobeys the commands of the "voice trumpets". She has been stated by the show's creators to be Cantonese, and as such, she is bilingual, speaking both English and Cantonese. Although many are unsure of Po's gender, or consider her to be male (possibly because of her scarlet colour and tomboyish antics), she is clearly referred to as female in several episodes, such as "Dad's Portrait" (Episode 216, first broadcast 1998) and "Numbers: 2" (Episode 30). Many refer to her as "he" even though it is "she" (the same happens with Laa-Laa).
Noo-Noo (prononced Nuu-Nuu) seems to be both the Teletubbies' guardian and housekeeper, due to its resemblance to a vacuum cleaner, which is its principal purpose in the house. Noo-Noo hardly ventures outside, instead remaining indoors and constantly cleaning with its sucker-like nose. It does not speak like the other characters, instead communicating through a series of slurping and sucking noises. At times, Noo-Noo gets annoyed with the Teletubbies' antics and can vacuum their food or toys. This usually prompts the Teletubbies to scold Noo-Noo through a cry of "Naughty Noo-Noo!". Usually after this, Noo-Noo flees and the Teletubbies pursue it comically around the house until they grow tired, are distracted by something, or forgive Noo-Noo. This sequence ends with them hugging it, or with it shooting out their absorbed objects.
40. Where are the newspapers in the room from? I bought the newspapers from the news stand near my condo - the news stand is on Main Street and Chicago in Evanston.
41. What year was Mr. Hull born in? 1983
42. What shoe size is Mr. Hull? 15
43. Did Mr. Hull play basketball at Ohio State? Mr. Hull played at Denison University near Columbus OH
44. Do peeps explode in the microwave? In my experience - yes.
45. Does Mr. Hull have a life? In my opinion - no.
46. Why are there states like New Jersey if there was never an Old Jersey? For some states like New York there was a York in England - however - this is also the case for Jersey: check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jersey
47. Why is 'nothing' a word if when you split it up it is no thing which means the same thing? English is a interesting language that often has combined language to create a difficult dialect to learn.
48. What is the link to the Cambridge Brain Challenge? http://relativelyrandomteacherthoughts.blogspot.com/2010/11/cambridge-brain-sciences.html
49. What is the weirdest question you have ever had on the question board? In my opinion - the number of bricks in the room.
50. What is puhlingflibbertbjibbet? A rude girl
51. Why do you have a question board? To answer questions
52. Are you a aratchybutyfobist? No.
53. Is a country richer than another if it has a higher per capita GDP? The wealth of a country can be measured using a variety of measures and therefore depends on the data being used. Per capita GDP is a viable data measure.
54. Is there a mathematical equation for solving a rubik's cube? There are specific moves depending on the set up of the cube.
55. What is the average grade for the Latin America Trip? Between 82% and 87%
56. Is mint a flavor or a food? Mint is a leaf that some describe as an herb - therefore it is a food - often mint flavor is produced from the leaf as an extract - however there is also artificial mint flavoring that is not from the plant this is a flavor and not a food.
57. What is reality? Reality is dependent upon the perception and point of view of individuals and is undetermined to others except in what can be expressed through verbal and non verbal communication therefore it is difficult to contextualize and answer definitively or completely as it is understood differently by many and none can prove the other wrong.
58. Are all people related in the end? Depends on your beliefs - especially about the origins of human life.
59. Do you think time is weird? Yes - long story short - yes time is an oddity - and for some not even a reality.
60. What is your least favorite color? Mustard yellow
61. Where were you born? Evanston IL
62 Who decides where the windows and the walls are when the song is playing? Anyone dancing
63. When is Mr. Hull's birthday? See question #29
64. How tall is Abbie K? Shorter than Mr. Hull
65. How many shirts do Abbie and Daniella own? Combined they own fewer shirts than Mr. Hull
66. Is Madison Harris owned a theme park what would it be called?
67. What is the average grade on the capital test? The expected grade is a 100%
68. Does Mr. Hull trust Sammi L? Yes
69. What did Mr. Hull have for lunch? Pulled pork sandwich
70. What would win between an immovable object versus an unstoppable force? Neither exist therefore there is not a winner nor a loser.
71. Are unicorns real? Proof? There has been zero evidence to prove unicorns are real - the lack of evidence (no photographic or fossil evidence) can be used to support the hypothesis that they do not exist.
72. What does ESPN stand for? Entertainment Sports Programming Network
73. Where did the elves go from Highwood? They are underneath the ninth house on the muffinan's lane.
74. Why do people like fried food? A theory that exists states that since the time of cavemen people have sought food for survival - the craving for food high in calories, salt, and sugar some explain is a craving to survive. Fried food is high in salt, sugar, and calories.
75. Do you Mr. Hull like pizza hot or cold? Both
76. Do you Mr. Hull like deep dish pizza? Yes
77. Do you Mr. Hull like pancakes? Yes but only with Vermont maple syrup.
78. Why does NSSD112 not get Columbus day off? The district has decided to take other days off instead.
79. What is Abbie's favorite goalie?
80. Why did pilgrims wear hats? It was apart of their culture and clothing preference.
81. Is your house purple Mr. Hull? No
82. What grade did student X receive on their current event? Student X received an A
83. What does OMGIBAN stand for? Oh My Gosh I Broke A Nail
84. Why is Zoey unable to think of a question? Zoey put extreme pressure on herself to brainstorm the perfect question - yet no question is perfect
85. Why are 7th graders not allowed to write on the calendar? That privilege is for 8th grade students
86. Why does Mr. Hull not have a purple phone? iPhones do not come in purple - however I do have a purple case
87. Why is Ono so cool? Because duh she is amazing.
88. Should Avery give Caleb a cupcake? Yes. Sharing is caring.
89. Why is Justin Beiber attractive? Some people like his hair, or his eyes, or his smile, or the fact he is Canadian.
90. Why was there a 7 minute song about chili during the Highland Park Choir concert? Because it was supposed to be a fun catchy tune that sparked conversation - it was a success!
91. What is a tomato baby curry puree? The use of baby tomatoes and curry in a puree.
92. What is Kylie's middle name? Jordan
93. What will Amy grow up to be? Amy is capable of becoming anything she puts her mind to - so the world is full of possibilities.
94. Do you know a ninja? No
95. Are you a ninja? No
96. Is Dubai a city or a country? City
97. What is the benefit of doing capital and country quizzes? They provide you with a foundation of basic knowledge which will convince people that you have gone to school - first impressions are important especially in terms of intelligence.
98. Why is Mr. Hull hypocritical? That judgment is a point of view and is not supported by everyone.
99. Why is iChat fun? It is fun to use video to talk and goof around.
100. Why is facebook fun? Facebook enables people to stay in touch without too consuming of a time commitment.
101. What is better ichat or facebook? In my opinion, facebook.
102. Mr. Hull waht do you want to be when you grow up? A teacher.
103. Did you play high school football? No, but in college I was recruited to play
104. Why is Mr. Hull a minimalist? A minimalist is someone who does or says the minimal amount necessary.
105. Can you do the moon walk? No
106. What type of duck is ping? A yellow duck from a fiction book.
107. How many answerless questions are there? None, all questions have an answer but it maybe incorrect.
108. Is the actor from Glee playing the character Kurt gay in real life? After research I need to further cross check this answer before posting.
109. If you lived in a sweatshirt what part would you live in? Of course the hood -
110. Have there been UFO's sightings over China? Articles have been written recently describing UFO sightings over China's cities and towns - however, these have been explained by Chinese Air Force excursions and experimental aircrafts. The conspiracy theorists however believe the floating nature of the aircraft could be alien.
111. Do you speak another language? No. I want to learn how to speak Spanish.
112. Why did you make a question board? When I was in 6th, 7th grade etc I hated when teachers would not answer questions - when students would ask tangential questions that would fall to the background - when I became a teacher I wanted my students to be curious and to ask questions even if it was a little off topic. Traditional schools with desks and a teacher talking can be boring (and yes I do teach this way sometimes) but it is always okay in my classroom to think and to let yourself analyze what is on your mind as long as you learn the necessary material too - that is why the question board was created - to allow students to write their questions no matter the topic on a board that later will be answered -
113. Will the Bulls win the NBA Championship in 2011? I believe that the Chicago Bulls will play the Oklahoma City Thunder in the playoffs - and as a homer Bulls' fan I pick them to win the Championship.
114. Why is Justin Bieber "so beautiful"? Several studies have explained that symmetrical facial lines are more attractive to the opposite sex - during my investigation it is hypothesized by some that Justin Beiber's face helps prove this theory - in addition, those attracted to Justin Bieber comment on his eyes, personality characteristics, and singing voice.
115. Why do girls like Justin Bieber? See question 114, above.
116. Why won't Mr. Hull laugh in class....ever? Mr. Hull smiles - laughter is rare.
117. Why do you and Justin Bieber both like purple? Simple - purple is the best color - ever!
118. Do you like Chinese food? Yes.
119; Why are student "A" and "B" super cool? All my students are super cool to me.
120. Why is student "C" so strange?
121. It is 6:18pm on a Monday night and "we" are in your room - guess who? Amy and Jordyn. Thanks for the help during interviews.
122. Why do I eat Pandas? Because they are chocolate covered candies
123. Why is student "D" looking through your desk? Because there are extra credit slips that if found guarantee any student a specific grade.
124. Why do student "D" and "E" partake in 8th grade hall adventures? All students are curious and wish they were older - but older students realize at some point that time moves to fast any way and they should have enjoyed the moment.
125. Why is Mr. Hull not cool? Mr. Hull is old, too tall, and simply weird
126. Are pandas mean? Panda bears are territorial animals that protect their young and land. They can be aggressive in their protection.
127. What is the meaning of life? An individual must seek the answers that satisfy and inform their life.
128. How can we restore Hannah's faith in humanity? Hannah must find the positives in life.
129. What does dating Tom mean? I guess it must be a moment of relief for many.
130. Who is George White? A pseudonym for an important person.
131. Why do people write questions they already know the answer to? A challenge for those that do not.
132. Origin of the word "hi" Debating the origins of the word is impossible to prove but one possible theory involves the shortening of the phrase from how are you to hiya to hi
133. What is the importance of the box genocide sheets? An outlined study guide for the five genocides being examined in social studies -specifically focusing on the who, when, where, what, why, and how.
134. How do you make a human S? A lot of yoga, stretching, and flexibility.
135. Why are you treating us like mini devils? A misinterpretation of treatment I believe is occurring.
136. Why do you like Meredith more than her sister? Apparently, Meredith is one cool student.
137. Can I be your flower girl? At the wedding no one under the age of 16 will be attending - so unfortunately no.
138. What question is impossible to answer? No question is impossible to answer - yet not all questions have one right answer
139. Define meep: A sound that is made during as a joke.
140. Is Amy the coolest person you have ever met? No
141. Why does money have people on it? Historically, leaders of sovereign states placed their likeness on medal coins and later cotton/paper/cloth currency. This was done for a variety of reasons - first, there is a cultural component, second, their is an egotistical component - additional reasons exist. For a longer answer please ask for clarification.
142. Is it possible to replace pool water with jello? An interesting story - yes you can replace pool water with jello and actually there is a story involving a man who did just this - he jumped off the diving board - broke both his legs and drowned in the jello. Sad sad story.
143. What is your name? My name depends on who is saying it - to students Mr. Hull, to players Coach Hull, to family Christopher, to others Chris or Toph.
For Archived Questions you may also check out my old site -
2009.2010 Student Questions
1. Is Tupac dead? Yes.
2. Is it possible to count to infinity? No, it is impossible.
3. How many seconds are there in a year? 31557600 seconds in a year.
4. How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop? Look at question #29 from 2008-2009.
5. How many cornels are on a corn of cob? The number is determined by the health of the soil and growing conditions. There are always an even number of rows on a corn of cob but the number of cornels and rows varies usually between 8 and 16 rows.
6. Name the people on the assignment notebook cover - The picture is available.
7. How many boys and girls go to Elm Place? There are 251 boys and 256 girls
8. How long can you chew a piece of stride gum without it losing its flavor? Approximately 9 minutes.
9. How many people died making "The House of the Damned"? Zero.
10. Who invented the "peace" sign? In 1958, British artist Gerald Holtom drew a circle with three lines inside, intending the design to be a symbol for the Direct Action Committee Against Nuclear War (DAC)
11. Top 10 Most common Names for 2008 Boys: Jacob, Michael, Ethan, Joshua, Daniel, Alexander, Anthony, William, Christopher, Matthew; Girls: Emma, Isabella, Emily, Madison, Ava, Olivia, Sophia, Abigail, Elizabeth, Chloe
12. How many years did it take to build the Great Wall? Approximately 200 years to complete. 1st parts completed around 200 BC and the last parts added during approximately 200 years around 1360-1650
13. Longest eye lashes Do you believe this picture?
14. Longest word See question #63 from 2007-2008
15. If Santa was real how much weight would each reindeer have to pull? Zero.
16. When and who invented Battleship?Reuben Klamer 1967.
17. Will Mr. Hull ever think of a good catch phrase for battleship? Or an accent? No
18. Lyrics to "Like Glue" by Sean Paul
19. Who is the tallest person in your family? I am 6'7''; brother 6'1''; father 6'1; sister 5'10''; mother 5'8''; tallest relative: unlce 6'4''
20. Can you type an entire 'wikipedia' site backwards? I could but will not do it at this point in time.
21. Is baby powder good for your skin? Depends on the skin. But for some yes.
22. How many words are in the dictionary? In the current Oxford English Dictionary there are 171,476 and approximately 47,000 obsolete words
23. Why do you say gesundheit? This word means health.
24. What is your middle name? Gailen
25. Newest word in the dictionary? Consult this website to see the newest words in the Oxford Dictionary: http://www.askoxford.com/worldofwords/newwords/?view=uk
26. Color of a platypus? Sound a platypus makes? nThe platypus' bill is a blue-grayish blackish color with its body typically a dark brown hue. The sounds are comparable to a puppy growling.
27. Seats in Wrigley Field? nCapacity has changed over the years; 1914 = 14,000; 2009 = 41,118
28. Is there standing room only in Wrigley Field? Yes
29. Why is Perry the Platypus missing? Perry the Platypus is an original television show created and aired on the Disney Channel.
30. How long would it take to skate around the world? it would depend on the speed of the skateboarder. Until this speed is calculated you could not answer this question.
31. How long did it take Mr. Hull to run the torch around Elm Place during the Fun(d) Run? Mr. Hull was not as swift as you would think: 99 seconds.
32. What empire had the most people? The Chinese Empires had the most people.
33. Why are the Kool-Cats so uber cool? In my research of hte Kool-Cats I discovered that they were created by former NBA player Cutino Mobley. Mobley stated "Kool Cat world focuses on the modern challenges that kids face, the importance of friendship, and the value of education. It also instills family values through the mediums such as books, animation, movies and toys. With an emphasis on hospitals and schools across the world, Kool Cats want to prepare young minds with information and knowledge wherever they are; at home, school, waiting in a doctor’s office, or currently hospitalized.... Our mission: We refuse to live defeated or depressed. No illness or disability can stop us because we have the heart to win!"
34. What is the average age of the oldest peole in the world? Currently the average age of humans is 65 years. This can vary between countries and dis dependent upon other factors as well. Canadians average age is 80+ years as well as Australians. Currently, Andorra's population lives the longest on average: 83.9 years.
35. What is the most embarassing thing you have ever done? That is a difficult question. I will have to think about this one.
36. If you jab someone with a pencil could it go through their skin but not their shirt? No
37. What are famous celebrities/athletes with the name: Bradley? This is an impossible question as first you must define famous. Brad Pritt, Brad Paisley, Brad Batton - are examples of some.
38. How many words rhyme with Claire? A lot if you include slant rhymes - some include:
Bear, care, hair, hare, fair, fare, glare, snare, pear, pair, mare, stare, tear, flare, scare, (kind of a stretch) layer, share, there, their, they're, chair, dare, flare, éclair, lair, snare, wear
39. How many words start with the letter 'X'?
A small sample still looking: XANAD, XANTHEIN, XANTHISM, XANTHOMATOSIS, XANTHOUS, XEBEC, XENODIAGNOSIS, XENOGRAPH, XENOLITH, XENOMANIA, XENOMORPHIC, XEROPHYTICALLY, XEROX, XHOSA, XI, XIPHISTERNAL, XIPHOID, XRAY, XRAYPULSAR, XYLEM, XYLENOL, XYLOCARPOUS, XYLOGEN, XYLOGRAPHIC, XYLOID, XYLOPHONE, XYLOSE, XYLOTOMY, XYST
40. Is Angel Falls used in the new Indiana Jones film? No
41. Do you like waffles? Yes
42. What should I be when I grow up - Jak? Jak, I suggest you remain in school focusing on your problem solving skills, critical thinking ability, your ability to synthesize information, communicate your thoughts, and reading comprehension. If you can master these you will have the potential to be anything you want. What you should be is something that makes you think and work; you want to be challenged while sometimes facing failure but in the end reaching success.
43. Why are some people tall and some people short? Genes.
44. Why do you indent papers? For organization. Indenting helps you visually organize and read a paper.
45. Can you eat part of yourself? Yes
46. In your opinion, who is to blame for the Redskins? At the end of the day the final responsibility falls to the owner. The owner has not hired the right GM. The Redskins lack the talent on their roster to compete. In addition, they hired a coach who had never been an offensive coordinator. His lack of experience has been highlighted and exposed by their roster gaps and holes. There is blame to be passed around - even to the players who are not performing on the field - but in my opinion the final blame rests with Daniel Snyder.
47. How much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood? As much as he wanted if he could.
48. String Theory - see answer from 2008-2009 question #90
49. If the world was flat how tall would it be? The world would not exist if it were flat; therefore, the height could not be measured.
50. What is a brazil nut? A native nut from Brazil.
51. Why are there handles on the ceiling of a car? Handles help some (tall - me - or larger) people exit a car more easily. In addition, some have found them helpful on long road trips.
52. Why are we here? That is a question that we should all seek the answer to and should help us live our lives to their fullest.
53. How long can people last without water? The answer depends on factors such as heat, shelter, the invidual person, etc.
54. Why do you have 2 question boards? Back in the day before my website I would post my answers to the cork board section of the question board. Now I only use the whiteboard for student to write answers and then I post my answers online.
55. If you love bananas but hate poeple who love bananas do you hate yourself? Maybe - do you still love bananas? If yes then are you sure you truly hate people who love bananas. If yes and yes then yes.
56. What is the weight of Christ the Redeemer? The statue weighs 700 tons
57. Why do people write so big on the question board? It helps people feel important.
58. Who is your favorite President and why? I feel that this question would take time to explain but I will try - various Presidents have changed the history of our nation but no President determined the standard procedure or expectation for Presidents more so than President George Washington. For more information or an expanded explanation see me.
59. Who would win in a fight between Gandolf and Dumbledore? It would depend on which world they are fighting in - if they are in Harry Potter's world Dumbledore would dominate, however, Gandolf the grey would lose to Dumbledore in Lord of the Rings - yet - Gandolf the white defeats Dumbledore in Lord of the Rings
60. Does Lebron James take steriods? No
61. How many curls does Spencer Weiss have in her hair? Depends on her hairstyle. If she has straightened her hair she would have zero curls - if she were to perm her hair, which could be a disaster, the number could be infinite since perming curled hair leads to an exponential number of curls, therefore, currently she has approximately 99 curls per strand so it would become 99 raised to the 99th.
62. Who is your favorite Power Puff Girl? Buttercup - or Mojo the Evil Monkey
63. What is the longest finger in the world? Currently nine and three fourth inches.
64. How many tentacles does Squidward have? 6- four lower tentacles two upper tentacles
65. Are zebras black with white stripes or white with black stripes? According to research from John Hopkins University emboryological evidence shows that the animal's background color is dark and the white stripes and bellies are additions
66. What are the 7 Wonders of the World? The Great Pyramid of Giza, Hanging Gardens of Babylon, Statue of Zeus at Olympia, Temple of Artemis at Ephesus, Mausoleum of Maussolios at Halicarnassus, Colossus of Rhodes, Lighthouse of Alexandria
67. Are there any four legged animals that can fly? No
68. How big is the world in centimeters? 1,275,600,000 centimeters
69. How large is the tree in front of your room? It is impossible to know without cutting down the tree but approximately twenty to thirty years old.
70. What is your favorite holiday? Thanksgiving.
71. Why are my ears cold after I am active? Your blood flows to organs in terms of importance and during excercise your ear tips lose blood flow to increase blood to your lungs.
72. Why is Student Y so nice? Why would anyone think he is so mean? Student Y is nice to people Student Y wants to be nice to and mean to those Students Y wants to be mean to - student Ymust want to be nice to you.
73. Do you get annoyed that students are in your room during lunch? No
74. What is your favorite holiday? I like Thanksgiving because my family all comes together and hangs out. Plus - I like to eat.
75. Why are prescription medicines called Rx? Rx stands for the latin word recipe which meant take
76. If Justin Beiber voice is normal why does he sing so high? Justin has a high vocal range which some musical experts believe is genetic.
77. Why does Chuck want his breakfast in bed? He is tired.
78. Why does Barack Obama bring terrorist to Illinois? Illinois has the jail capacity and it will generate more jobs for the state.
79. How much does student Y love student X? Love is impossible to measure.
80a. Why does student X have no friends? Clearly student B has friends; and if he does not why is student B being descriminated against and bullied.
80b.Why do students think it is funny to comment on other students? They are bored and are bullying others which could result in a lengthy conversation with an adult.
81. How many miles would you have to walk to cross the United States? 2092 miles.
82. What are the 3 levels of irony? 1) Verbal irony. 2) Dramatic irony. 3) Irony of situation
83. Why does everyone that Chicago teams trade do amazing on their new team? Simple answer - short answer - player development and use of players in the proper system.
84. Why do are duck erasers so cool? Any shape for an eraser is cool and the cooler the animal shape the cooler the eraser - color also is a factor - a purple eraser is cooler than any pink eraser.
85. Why is Iverson on an Syracuse National Jersey? It is the old name team professional basketball team that used to play in Philadelphia.
86. Why did Brian Kelly take the job at Notre Dame before the bowl game? Money.
87. If you jump from 40 feet into a foam pit with an umbrella how much would the umbrella slow down your impact? This question depends on the size/circumfance of the umbrella, is the umbrella open? what material is the umbrella made out of? is there any wind factors that need to be accounted for?
88. When was Humpty Dumpty written? How do we know Humpty Dumpty is an egg? Can you provide more information on Humpty Dumpty? The earliest known copy is from 1803, it was originally a riddle and therefore it was simply assumed to be an egg because "humpty dumpty" referred to a brandy boiled in ale
89. Why did Elm Place switch from chalk boards to white boards? The PTO donated them to the school.
90. What came first the chicken or the egg? Neither.
91. How is the NFL Schedule made?
92. Can pelicans fly? Yes.
93. If Pinnochio says his nose will grow when he lies what will happen? Nothing his nose only grows when he lies.
94. If you are born in Las Vegas are you allowed to leave? Yes.
95. How long is a giraffes neck? Depends on the size of the giraffe.
96. What is your favorite music? Any music that my friends find enjoyable I typically like - I wish I was a bigger music fan but I listen to it all from rap to country to rock to alternative - I have been working out to Lady Gaga, Black Eyed Peas - I also listen to the same type of music Mr. Shilkus does sometimes too.
97. How much does a penguin weigh? The emperor penguin is around 88 lbs.
98. When something like Haiti happens why is the US asked to fix it? I believe that the United States takes the lead role in situations and therefore in times of need countries look to us as a leader - this is my personal opinion - but if you claim to be a world leader when the time comes to lead (a disaster) eyes will turn to you to follow through
99. Are babies born with eyebrows? Sometimes
100. How long will it take to reach the ground? Depends on the time of day - sometimes I am much more willing to touch my toes because I am not tired and it is so far away.
101. Why does Brett Favre pick fights in games with random people? Some people claim it is because he is competitive - while others believe he is a jerk.
102. Is Kendrick Perkins under-rated? No
103. How old is Lebron James? 26
104. Why does Sandy sell sea shells by the sea shore if people just pick them up along the beach? People buy them and she is great at finding purrrty shells.
105. Where is Waldo? Depends on the page you are looking at.
106. If Danny has 5 tomatoes and Brett steals those 5 tomatoes what does that make Brett? Brett is a theif.
107. Why is Sophie's middle name Minouche? It is a family name. Like my middle name - Gailen.
108. Why do I always forget my question for the question board? Because you are forgetful.
109. Where was the word ahoy invented? The origins may date back to the nautical vikings and an acient greeting - or like hello maybe simply was invented
110. Why does medicine have long names but their brands do not? Because they are not easy to remember unless the names are shortened.
111. Who grades the real ISAT ERRs? A group of retired and current teachers.
112. What is the quantom theory? See string theory from 2008-2009 questions
113. Why do dogs hate cats? Not all dogs hate cats - only certain dogs hate cats - it has to do with their prior experience involving territorial issues, etc.
114. Why does Teddy want to kill Bradley's cat? Because Teddy dislikes your cat and wants Bradley to become upset
115. Why are cowboys called cowboys if they ride horses? They herd cows - so boys were herding cows or cattle - therefore cowboys.
116. What shampoo does Spencer use? Spencer alternates between select shampoos to ensure her hair is perfect.
117. Why does the marker run out? The markers need ink and over time the ink runs out - also the air can dry out the ink in the pen.
118. Why is Lily Lizzie's bubble bunny? Because that is her nickname and they like double bubble gum.
119. Can you mail a milkshake? No - you are not allowed to mail liquids after 9/11
120. In In all biofuels supplies what is the average cost? The cost of biofuel depends on the amount and the quality
121. Can a sumo wrestler beat a UFC fighter? Can a sumo wrestler beat a UFC figher? - Yes it is possible
122. Who is a better tackler: Kimbo Slice, Troy P, or Ray Lewis? This depends on who and what they are tackling but in order - Lewis, Troy, Kimbo.
123. Why are me and Eddie Bff's? Because you and Eddie are best friends and you get along.
124. Who is Beth? I do not know.
125. Why do wristlets rock my world? Because they are small fashionable purses that are a hit on Project Runway - go Tim Gunn!
126. Why are school buses yellow? School bus yellow is a color which was especially formulated for use on School buses in North America in 1939. The color is now officially known in Canada and the U.S. as National School Bus Glossy Yellow and was originally called National School Bus Chrome. The pigment used for this color was for a long time the lead-containing chrome yellow. In April of that year, Dr. Frank W. Cyr, a professor at Teachers College, Columbia University in New York organized a conference that established national school-bus construction standards for the U.S., including the standard color of yellow for the school bus. It became known officially as "National School Bus Chrome." The color was selected because black lettering on that hue was easiest to see in the semi-darkness of early morning. - from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_bus_yellow
127. Is it salmon? Then what is it? If it is salmon then it is salmon.
128. What is the highest Current Event grade? This year a student scored a 100% on the 2nd Current Event.
129. How do you say purple in arabic? This pronunciation is beyond be but: urjuwani
130. Do you answer all of these questions? This year I am trying to - I am pretty successful
131. Why do you like purple? This is an easy question - it is my favorite color and it is purrrty.
132. How many people say "like" or "um" a day? Over 1 billion people say those words a day
133. In your opinion, who is more valuable to their team: Joe Mauer or Tim Lincecum? This question is fairly easy - Joe Mauer as he plays in many more games than Lincecum pitches in - plus if I were building a team their age is nearly the same so I would want Mauer - but Lincecum is my favorite pitcher to watch (2nd is Big Z)
134. What Elm Place volleyball is better? The staff volleyball team is the best.
135. Do you think sky diving is cool? Yes
136. What is the cheapest individual plan with unlimited txt and internet that has coverage in Highland Park? This would be Verizon's unlimited plan - as of this post.
137. What happened to the "a" in Saudi Arabia? This was lost in translation
138. If three chickens run away would they go to Mexico or Canada? One would travel to Canada and two would go to Mexico
139. What is inside "Lotsa-Fizz" candy? The ingredients include: sugar, corn syrup, tararic acid, sodium bicarbonate, artifical flavors (fd & c red #40, yellow #6, and blue #1)
140. Which class is most annoying? None
141. Do you think vampires exist? This is a personal opinion - no.
142. Is Saudi Arabia 2 countries? No
143. Do you believe in the boogeyman? No
144. Boogeyman information is from previous year.
145. Do you know what teachers use with the gum and material they take from students? They use it or throw it away.
146. Why am I wearing purple today? Purple is the best
147. Who has the best starting rotation in baseball as we enter spring training? The Boston Red Sox
148. Do you believe in the Lochness monster? No. For more information see previous years questions and information (search this page for Lochness Monster information)
149. What is the stupidest question you have ever had? This is an opinion - read the questions on this site and form your own opinion.
150. Why did I write this question? Because you wanted to.
151. Do dogs have taste buds? Yes
152. Why am I 5 feet 2 inches? Genes plus nutrition plus enivornmental factors.
153. Who stole the cookies from the cookie jar? Depends on what type of cookies there are.
154. Will planet x really hit the earth? No
155. What is the length of this line on the board? 33 cm
156. Why do we have Project Citizen? In my opinion, this unit offers a great opportunity for students to learn how to research a topic. In addition, students work on their problem solving skills and critical thinking abilities. Finally, I am able to integrate technology into the unit with ease and I enjoy the unit.
157. Will you change my seat? -by E.S - Yes
158. How do Neo-Nazi's still exist if they started bcause of the economy after WWI? Neo-nazi's exist because of anti-semitic beliefs - Adolf Hitler was able to take power over an entire country because of the economy. The hatred towards the Jewish population unfortunately has existed in Europe for centuries and continues among various populations today. Thoughts and beliefs of hatred need to be confronted.
159. Why do people dislike John Wall? People like to dislike very talented basketball players and root for the underdogs.
160. Why does John Wall think he is so good when he is not? John Wall is good so he is correct in his belief.
161. Why is Evan Turner better than John Wall? Evan Turner is not better than John Wall.
162. Why do we take tests? To be assessed on one's knowledge and thinking.
163. Why is Mintz so gnarly? Only some believe he is.
164. Is there a country named orange? No
165. What nail color should I wear? Purple
166. Can anyone say toy boat 15x fast without messing up? Yes
167. Who created swear words? Why are they bad if they have synonyms? Society creates taboos for a society - it is a part of the ABC's of culture each culture and language has its own set of taboo actions and words. Swear words are simply the unaccptable expressions as deemed by the society.
168. Why is the sky blue? The sky appears to be blue due to the atmosphere reflection and our perception of color.
169. If your hamburger started talking what would you do? Laugh.
170. Where is Lauryn? Depends on what time it is.
171. What is the point of stem tests? Stems help you learn many words quickly, words are built upon these stems and therefore if they are known you will have a better understanding of all vocabulary you become introduced to.
172. Where will Lebron James? Joe Johnson? And Chris Bosh go in free agency? Lebron = Cleveland, Joe Johnson = New York, Bosh = Chicago
173. Is Mel Gibson anti-semantic? Depends on your point of view - some people believe yes.
174. How big does the biggest fish caught weigh? http://www.discoverfishingbc.ca/fun-and-games/fish
175. If a person caught a man bear pig how much would it cost? Priceless.
176. Whose the mayor of Bangladesh? Dhaka Mayoer
177. What would happen if you touched lava?
178. What cop gun is better: the .50 cal or the intervention? The intervention
179. Who said the pen is mightier than the sword? The Mr. Edward Bulwer-Lytton in 1839
180. Spencing hair smells like? Cocunut Mango
181. Why do you have so many calendars? I collected them when I was younger and continue to today.
182. Why do people call the bathroom the john? The inventor of the flushing toilets name is Sir John Harrington
183. Why does Mr. Hull not laugh? The jokes being told are not funny - in addition - he may have been beaten for showing signs of weakness as a younger person
184. Why are all bandages called bandaids? The brand name recognition has taken over the general understanding of what the object is - this also has happened with Kleenex - the brand name has become so known for the product it is easier to call the object by the name of the brand than the original name of the object
185. What is the luckiest number ever? This is an opinion - and in my opinion 9
186. Why do people say cats have 9 lives? There are many different theories - there are crazy stories and simple stories - a simple story is that cats have been seen falling from heights that would hurt most other animals but they seem to always survive -
187. Why does Dyllan pretend to listen to music when it is not plugged in? This is a mystery - especially when there are no electronics allowed during the school day - there is only opinion and some believe it is to deter people from talking to her others believe it allows her to speak clearly and loudly for all to hear - but we may never know - it all comes down to the choices we make.
188. Do you like 7th period? This is easy: yes
189. Why is purple pretty? The reasoning come down to the perceptions of individuals - in my individual opinion yes -
190. What is the definition of eew? The definition: it is gross, disgusting
191. Do I want a pet frog? No
192. Can a person marry a frog? This is illegal in the United States
193. How do you say later in latin? Postmodo
194. Is the TV Show Survivor real? The show is real, yet, they will not allow someone to die.
195. Where did the question mark come from? Thought to originate from teh Latin quaestio meaning qustion
196. What does Avidenchy mean? There is no word that I can find with this spelling.
91. How is the NFL Schedule made?
2008.2009 Student Questions
2. Squid Facts
10. Languages (# of People)
11. Stoplights in the world (researching)
12. Body Language Introduction - See me for handout
13. First War
18. Earths Rotation
19. Bermuda Triangle
35. Training Body to Walk on Coals - Answer: This is a controversial issue with many possibilities. If you want to discuss at more length see me.
45. Tim Gunn Age
52. Polka Dots
53. Oldest Musical Instrument
55. Illuminati Information
58. Real Names
62. Fairies -Answer: Belief in the existence of ideas, individuals, etc. is determined by individuals and is up to your interpretation.
63. Square feet in Elm Place
66. USMC West Point History
75. French History
76. Can Mr. Hull tell the future? Answer: Sometimes
77. Will aspartame kill you? Answer: This artificial sweetener is being investigated however it would need to be taken in extreme excess to kill a person.
78. Does Santa Exist? Answer: Belief in the existence of ideas, individuals, etc. is determined by individuals and is up to your interpretation.
79. Are humans evolving into monkeys? Answer: The scientific evidence that I have examined suggests no.
80. Can you buy an orangutan? Answer: Yes, but you need a special permit.
83. Chicago Bear Championships Answer: 9 Championships. 1921, 1932, 1933, 1940, 1941, 1943, 1946, 1963 = (8 NFL Champions) 1985 (1 Super Bowl Champions)
84. Origin of "carrot top" reference Answer: No real date can be found. It appears the slang term referring to a person with red hair as a carrot top originated in the United States during the last century but no evidence can prove the exact date when the slang term was introduced.
85. Is an inch worm really an inch? Answer: it is approximately an inch but not always
86. Cactus Information
87. Global Warming Explanation
88. Birthmark Explanation Answer: No scientific reason can be found for why. There are many myths discussing possibilities but scientists and doctors do not know exactly how or why most common birthmarks appear.
90. String Theory
91. Gallons of Water in Lake Michigan Answer: Lake Michigan holds 1.3 x 1015 gallons of water
92. Why is Apple not bankrupt? Answer: Their products make money.
93. Is John McCain a bird chicken? Answer: No.
94. What kind of beans does Jack's beanstalk grow? Answer: Magic beans.
95. Boot Camp length. Answer: 10 weeks.
96. What type of car do you drive? Honda Civic.
97. How Many Different Colors of M&Ms are there? 22. Visit http://www.m-ms.com/ for more information
98. How Many Different Colors of Crayons are there? 158 for more information go to www.infoplease.com/ipea/A0872797.html
99. Synonym for thesaurus: glossary, language reference book, lexicon, onomasticon, storehouse of words, terminology
100. Procedure to repair an ACL: click http://www.athleticadvisor.com/Injuries/LE/Knee/acl_repair.htm
101. How many dogs were tehre in "Marley and Me" - 18 dogs
102. Lindsey Hunter NBA Career: http://espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=359
103. Will 5 seeds from an apple produce an apple tree? Yes, provided the right environmental conditions.
104. How many grains of rice does an average Asian eat per year? In China it is approximately 300-400 pounds of rice a year (www.orientmag.com/food10.htm)
105. What year was a water fountain invented? The early 1900s.
106. What was the first democracy?
107. Were any Presidents on anti depressents? Surprisingly this information is not available online. I will continue to reserach this question.
108. What countries consider Kosovo a country?
109. What makes a war a world war? The opinion of the dominant culture.
110. Red heads and Scotland?
111. What is the blast radius of a nuclear bomb? This depends upon the size of the bomb but consult http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/bomb/sfeature/blastmap.html
112. Where is the fountain of youth? This is sought after by many but the location is unknown to the masses.
113. Who is Grace Kelly? She was a film star from the 1950s, my favorite movie of hers was Rear Window directed by Alfred Hitchcock
114. Ulcer information? http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/understanding-ulcers-basic-information
115. What are the interesting facts about Uganda
119. Weirdest myth This is up to interpretation and if you want you may ask specifics about certain myths.
123. Canadian genocide? TSome
scholars believe that the Canadian government committed a genocide
against the indians in the region. Again this is up to interpretation
and for you to apply your knowledge of the definition and stages of
126. Ivory Coast capital change- This change occured in 1983. For more information please ask.
136. What is the fastest cow? The fastest cow is 25 mph
137. Information about Benito Mussolini? In late April 1945, with total defeat looming, Mussolini attempted to escape to Switzerland, only to be captured and summarily executed near Lake Como by Communist Italian partisans. His body was taken to Milan where it was hung upside down at a petrol station for public viewing and to provide confirmation of his demise.
138. Information about the Nazi salute- The gesture of giving an oath with a raised spear. Such claims had some justification, since historians had long argued that similar gestures were used at the installation of ancient Germanic kings. Illustrations reconstructing such events, and showing the salute, date back to the mid nineteenth century.
139. Who named the holocaust the holocaust and when? Since the mid 19th century the word has been used by authors to describe large catastrophes and massacres. In the 20th century the term was used to describe the Armenian Genocide. Winston Churchill was quoted using the term to describe the Armenian genocide. By the 1950s documents had translated "shoah," as the Judeocide, with the word Holocaust. This use can be found as early as May 23, 1943, in The New York Times, on page E6, in an article by Julian Meltzer, referring to feelings in Palestine about Jewish immigration of refugees from "the Nazi holocaust. By the 1960s the term had become nearly universal.
140. Alien Life? There has been no confirmed information connecting or proving alien life to date.
141. Taliban Information - The Taliban believe in a strict anti modern ideology and they seek a national leadership role. They are currently fighting in the Afghanistan and Pakistan region
142. Videographer---a word? The word means a person who works in the video medium
143. Is the moon made out of cheese? No.
149. What is the website to find old websites? http://web.archive.org
150. Was there a real girl who moved from Africa to New Trier? Yes.
151. Can you experience twin telepathy on a daily basis with someone not in your family? No. It would then be called telepathy. Twin telepathy only occurs between twins.
152. How many videos have Krstina Horner and Lauren Fairweather made?
153. Who killed Biggie? The murder of Biggie is unsolved.
2007.2008 Student Questions