The Traditional Japanese Karate Network
The "Traditional Japanese Karate Network" & DownloadKarate.com
a network of karate clubs
Japanese Karate Network
12108 Belestead Drive
Glenn Allen, VA 23059
Himeji 671 0209
We are associated with a number of karate clubs throughout Japan, Australia, the USA, & Canada. Our online members exceed 50,000 and include most countires in the world. The network is not a "style", nor does it govern one way to practice karate.
The Network is deliberately made up of sensei from differing styles and not badged as one organization, but rather as karate dojo(s) ensuring excellence in karate's traditions upholding the dojo environment and bunbu-ryodo. The website provides networking for dojo(s) and provides an online traditional karate resource repository. The focus is for dojo(s) or instructors with a common lineage of Okinawa and Japan.
The networking activities began in 1997 and consists of:
- networked dojo(s) from Shito-ryu, Shotokan, Kenpo, Goju and Okinawan arts best practising their arts thorough cross-exposure
- to kata, bunkai, tournaments and the philosophies of Japanese karate
- an online traditional karate resource repository
- belt tests, rank certification and cross-training occurs in Japan, Australia and North America
- belt test panels with sensei from different styles come together to standardize knowledge content and rank abilities
- Involved dojos realize that the basis of karate technique across styles are more similar than different as all derived from the same sources. After all the founders of each of the major styles (Funakoshi, Mabuni, Miyagi etc.) all trained together rather than separated themselves. This keeps in perspective hard-soft, linear-round, kata bunkai etc...
- like minded sensei upholding the traditional karate environment & philosophy of bunbu-ryodo ensuring excellence in karate's traditions.
If you meet traditional karate standards & would like to join this network (which is free), or becoming affiliated for rank certification, camps etc. please email us.
Below are a few examples of black belt ranks (Dan) certificates that are issued from sensei or ryu-ha
within the "Network":
The "Network' supports the issuing of black belt (Dan) ranks via 2 different mechanisms.
1. Ranks are issued in differing styles (ryu-ha) using senior "Network" instructors from a given style (e.g. Shito-ryu variants, Shotokan, Okinawan karate etc.) as long as their requirements are met. While the ryhu-ha specific rank is given by the most senior panel member for that specific ryu-ha, the panels may still consist of sensei from other styles (to gather their input and perspective).
2. The "Network" also issues Dan ranks in a cross style approach with a "Dan Rank" provided in the "Art of Karate-Do". These certificates do not use a specific style emblem, instead they use the Traditional Japanese Karate Network's symbol. In such cross-style panel cases, sensei sit on the panel and sign-off if their requirements are met.
- You are not permitted to transfer any services or features purchased by you to any other person.
- We may from time to time email you newletters or emails indicating eventes, gatherings or information about selected features on our website.
- Select Videos are provided free via streaming only, video courses for download require payment.
- Select documents (e.g. calligraphy, business pla and others) require payment to access and download.
- You may terminate your membership of DownloadKarate.com for any reason only by providing written notice to us. You can provide notice of termination by: emailing us via the Contact Us page.
- We reserve the right to, without limitation, do any or all of the following in relation to your membership:
- suspend your membership;
- permanently or temporarily hide all or part of your member profile;
- modify your member profile;
- terminate your membership for any reason by providing notice to you by email;
- terminate your membership immediately without notice to you if you have committed a breach of the DownloadKarate.com Terms;
- deactivate your membership if you have not used DownloadKarate.com for a period of 6 months or more (from the date of last use); and/or
- permanently or temporarily block your access to all or part of DownloadKarate.com
- Further details and any additional terms and conditions (including pricing) relating to chargeable features and services will be made available on DownloadKarate.com . Any such additional terms and conditions form part of the DownloadKarate.com Terms.
- Unless expressly stated otherwise, the pricing for use of any chargeable service or feature on DownloadKarate.com will be stated as GST inclusive. Where GST applies, we will deduct the GST we incur from each payment and will issue you with a tax invoice. The balance of the payment will be credited to your account.
- In the event of unusual activity, we reserve the right to temporarily or permanently suspend payment via your credit card and contact you, your bank or any other relevant third party to report such unusual activity.
- While we use reasonable endeavours to ensure that DownloadKarate.com is available 24 hours a day, we do not make any representations or warranties that your access will be uninterrupted or error free. Access to DownloadKarate.com may be suspended temporarily without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or any reason beyond our control.
- We reserve the right to change or discontinue any service or feature of DownloadKarate.com in whole or in part any time.
- In no event will you be entitled to any refund of payments for chargeable services or features pre-paid by you. We will review requests for refunds at our sole discretion.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your DownloadKarate.com member name and password. You are wholly responsible for all activities that occur under your DownloadKarate.com member name and password. You agree to immediately notify DownloadKarate.com of any unauthorised use of your DownloadKarate.com member name or password. You must ensure that you exit from your DownloadKarate.com account at the end of each session.
- DownloadKarate.com may at any time request a form of identification to verify your identity and/or your compliance with the DownloadKarate.com Terms.
- We do not make any representations or warranties as to the accuracy, reliability or completeness of any Content posted or transmitted on DownloadKarate.com , or otherwise transmitted to any other member of DownloadKarate.com by any other means, by any person. Furthermore, we do not endorse any opinion, advice or statement made by any person other than us. We do not accept any liability for any loss, damage, cost or expense resulting from anyone's reliance on Content posted or transmitted on DownloadKarate.com , or otherwise transmitted to any other member of DownloadKarate.com by any other means.
- We own and retain all proprietary rights in and relating to DownloadKarate.com . Proprietary rights in and relating to DownloadKarate.com must not be used in any way without our prior written consent.
- You warrant that any Content that you post or transmit on DownloadKarate.com , or otherwise transmit to any other member of DownloadKarate.com by any other means, will not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party.
- You grant us the right to use, reproduce, publish, store, modify or transmit, in any form or by any means, in whole or part, your Content for any purpose. You warrant that you have the right to grant us such rights.
- No person may use, reproduce, publish, store, modify or transmit, in any form or by any means, in whole or part, any Content posted or transmitted on DownloadKarate.com , or otherwise transmitted to any member of DownloadKarate.com , other than their own Content, without the express written permission of the relevant owner.
- If you believe that any Content has been posted or transmitted on DownloadKarate.com , or otherwise transmitted to any member of DownloadKarate.com by any other means, in violation of your rights, please send us an email via the Contact Us page.
- From time to time, DownloadKarate.com may feature or display hyperlinks and pointers to websites operated by third parties. Such websites do not form part of DownloadKarate.com and are not under our control. We do not accept any responsibility for the contents of any such hyperlink or linked website. If you link to any third party websites you leave DownloadKarate.com entirely at your own risk.
- From time to time, DownloadKarate.com may also feature or display third party advertising. By featuring or displaying such advertising, we do not in any way represent that we recommend or endorse the relevant advertiser, its products or services.
- You acknowledge that you use DownloadKarate.com at your own risk.
- You acknowledge that we are not responsible for, and accept no liability in relation to, your use of and conduct in connection with DownloadKarate.com , or any other members' use of or conduct in connection with DownloadKarate.com, in any circumstance.
- You agree to indemnify us for any loss, damage, cost or expense that we may suffer or incur as a result of or in connection with your use of or conduct in connection with DownloadKarate.com , including any breach by you of the DownloadKarate.com Terms.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, we exclude all implied representations and warranties which, but for the DownloadKarate.comTerms, might apply in relation to your use of DownloadKarate.com .
- To the extent that our liability cannot be excluded by law, our maximum liability to you will be limited to the amount paid by you (if any) for any chargeable service or feature on DownloadKarate.com purchased by you during the term of your membership.
- In no circumstances will we be liable for any indirect, punitive or consequential loss or damages; loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, use of money; or loss or damages arising from or in any way connected to business interruption of any type, whether in tort, contract or otherwise.
- I ACCEPT/ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY WHATSOEVER THAT MAY RESULT FROM PRACTICING THE TECHNIQUES AND/OR EXERCISES DISCUSSED ON THIS WEB SITE, AND VIDEO SERIES.
- ANY ACTIVITY INVOLVING MOTION IS DANGEROUS. KARATE, YOGA, GRAPPLING, ZEN, TAI CHI, PILATES, SELF DEFENSE INVOLVES ALL KINDS OF MOTIONS, IN EVERY CONCEIVABLE DIRECTION, PERFORMED AT VARIED SPEEDS. IT CAN BE AN EXTREMELY DANGEROUS ACTIVITY. IN FACT, IF YOU PRACTICE KARATE, YOGA, ZEN, GRAPPLING, TAI CHI, PILATES, SELF DEFENSE, YOU WILL ALMOST CERTAINLY GET INJURED. AT SOME POINT, YOU MAY PULL A MUSCLE, BREAK A BONE, SUSTAIN CUTS AND/OR BRUISES, OR SUSTAIN ANY NUMBER OF POSSIBLE OTHER INJURIES. IT'S ALSO POSSIBLE THAT YOU WILL INJURE SOMEONE ELSE. IF YOU CANNOT ACCEPT THESE REALITIES, KARATE, GRAPPLING, YOGA, ZEN, TAI CHI, PILATES, SELF DEFENSE TRAINING IS AND USING THIS WEBSITE SHOULD NOT BE DONE.
- BEFORE BEGINNING ANY EXERCISE PROGRAM (INCLUDING KARATE, GRAPPLING, YOGA, ZEN, TAI CHI, PILATES, SELF DEFENSE), YOU NEED TO CONSULT WITH A PHYSICIAN. IF THE PHYSICIAN AGREES THAT YOU ARE ABLE TO BEGIN KARATE, GRAPPLING, YOGA, ZEN, TAI CHI, PILATES, SELF DEFENSE TRAINING, YOU THEN NEED TO GET YOURSELF AN INSTRUCTOR. IT IS IMPORTANT TO UNDERSTAND THAT THE MATERIAL ON THIS WEB SITE, AND VIDEO SERIES,HAS BEEN WRITTEN UNDER THE ASSUMPTION THAT YOU WILL USE IT AS REVIEW MATERIAL PRIOR TORECEIVINGIN-PERSONTRAINING FROM A QUALIFIED INSTRUCTOR.
COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARK NOTICES:
All contents of the DownloadKarate.com Web Sites are: Copyright (c) starting in 2004 until the pesent and all rights reserved.
TRADEMARKS. BioProperty, AppliedZen.com, DownloadKarate.com and/or other DownloadKarate.com products and services referenced herein may also be either trademarks or registered trademarks of DownloadKarate.com in the United States, Australia and/or other countries. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
The example companies, organizations, products, domain names, e-mail addresses, logos, people, places and events depicted herein are fictitious. No association with any real company, organization, product, domain name, e-mail address, logo, person, places or events is intended or should be inferred.
We have had over 80,000 members who have signed up to access and share Karate information from this site and our network since 2004.