PSEO Student Handbook
Welcome to the U of M Twin Cities PSEO Student Handbook!
The PSEO Student Handbook is your #1 resource for all things PSEO. The information found in the handbook is designed to help guide you through your time in our program, whether that is a single semester or a full two years.
Bookmark and read though this handbook carefully. This is the first place you should check to answer any PSEO questions you might have.
NOTE: Most policies in this handbook are specific to your time in PSEO. They do not necessarily apply to students at the U who have graduated high school. Contact us if you have any questions.
All PSEO students will successfully transition into the U of M's community and rigorous academic environment, achieve academic success, and use the experience to accomplish their post-high school goals.
The Post-Secondary Enrollment Options (PSEO) program at the University of Minnesota Twin Cities admits Minnesota high school juniors and seniors who show academic preparedness for accelerated coursework and supports them as they transition to a rigorous university curriculum. We are driven to help our students succeed by providing proactive communication and comprehensive student services, including orientation and academic advising, while preparing them for their post-high school experience
PSEO Students are expected to…
- Own your PSEO experience
- Reach out for support when you have questions
- Adhere to PSEO and U of M policies and procedures
- Understand the challenges and benefits of PSEO
- Track your high school graduation requirements
- Actively develop the Core PSEO Success Skills
- Know which factors affect your class selection
- Create class schedules in MyU/ScheduleBuilder
- Actively explore your academic, career, and personal goals
- Track college graduation requirements, if U of M-bound
PSEO Academic Advisors are expected to…
- Foster a climate that respects diversity and creates a culture of inclusion
- Respond to you within two business days
- Assist you in navigating high school requirements
- Be transparent about our practices and limits
- Know core U of M graduation requirements
- Know core university policies and procedures
- Support you in meeting your academic, career, and personal goals
- Refer you to appropriate resources to support your academic, emotional, and social wellbeing
- Help you develop the Core PSEO Success Skills