26 September 2013
Downloads:Additional reading and links from this lesson:
- James E. Talmage, “The Earth and Man,” an address given in the Tabernacle at Temple Square, Salt Lake City, Sunday, 9 August 1931.
- Daniel C. Peterson, “Nephi and His Asherah,” Journal of Book of Mormon Studies 9/2 (2000), 16–25. (PDF)
- “Race and the Priesthood,” LDS.org Gospel Topics. The Church explores the origins of the ban on ordaining men of African descent to the priesthood.
- “The ‘curse of Cain’ and ‘curse of Ham,’” FairMormon.org.
- I also highly recommend the recently-released documentary Nobody Knows: The Untold Story of Black Mormons. You can watch the trailer and purchase a DVD on their web site.